Our 2 new additions

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by crocee, Nov 8, 2008.

1. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Well I went looking for a new doe to add to my herd and ended up with 2. One is a regestered Toggenburg and the other is an unregestered PB Nubian. Both are bred, the Nubian due in Feb and the Toggenburg due end of March. Both are 2 years old. Here are a couple pictures of them. The Toggenburg is a little rough coated but a few weeks of some good feed and minerals should straighten that out in short order. Tracy will be a 2nd Freshener and Chantilly will be a FF

Tracy

[​IMG]

Tracy and Chantilly

[​IMG]

Tracy and Chantilly

[​IMG]

Chantilly

[​IMG]

Chantilly again

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! Both are very pretty girls....Tracy looks like a togg doe my mom has, that hair is "normal"....my moms togg wethers have it too....it is very soft and silky though it does look prettier on the does :greengrin:
    I like how Chantilly's face is lighter than her body...makes it look "bright"
    Are they bred to the same buck or one of each breed?

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I love toggs! Very pretty! Congrats! :)

4. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    The Togg is bred to a Nubian and the Nubian is bred to a SA Boer. The coat on the Togg is not as soft as it should be but their main source of minerals was from a protein block made for cattle. They are getting sweetlix meatmaker now. They really seem to like it. The gentleman I bought them from also gave them chopped corn as their only other feed source other than mixed hay. I do not feed corn at all. They are getting meat goat developer and BOSS in small amounts to acclimatize their systems. I will up the feed a little later on. They also will be getting chopped alfalfa and long stem Bermuda hay.
    crocee

5. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    What a pretty togg doe. Congrats on your 2 does.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice does .... :) :thumbup: