Our 2009 kids

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by eliya, May 16, 2009.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

Hi Everyone! I am (kind of) back from my long absence. We had a crazy kidding season with our first ever quints and sextuplets. We had 37 kids born in 2 weeks. That was just a little crazy! We've also had a lot of things happening in our family making it difficult for me to get to the computer much. Anyway... I thought I'd share some pictures of the babies. Here's a link to my kids album on photobucket. You can get to the different breedings to see all the kids, by clicking the links on the side. http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x29/ ... 09%20Kids/

I'll post each doe as an individual post...

2. eliya

eliya New Member

Arthur had triplets, 2 does and one buckling. Sire is Echo Hill's Shining Star.
    One of the doelings, Betty:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The other doeling, Molasses - she had the funniest ears! They were very long, but stuck straight out. She could let them hang, but they usualyl looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    Funny pic of Molasses:
    [​IMG]
    The brother, King Arthur:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. eliya

eliya New Member

Daisy had twin bucks. Bad girl. But, they were both BEAUTIFUL and went as breeders so I guess it's not too bad... Sire is Echo Hill's Shining Star

'Starbucks'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'Stargazer'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. eliya

eliya New Member

Emma was bred to her sire in an experiment in linebreeding. WOW am I GLAD with how this breeding turned out!!! We are keeping the doeling. Sire is Echo Hill's Shining Star.

'Stars Fall on Alabama' (a.k.a. Alabama or Allie) the doeling we are retaining:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stardust:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. eliya

eliya New Member

Grace had buck/doe twins but the buckling didn't make it. The doeling is gorgeous though! Sire is Echo Hill's Ulysses S. Grant *B.

Faith:
    [​IMG]
    Faith and her Mommy, Grace (a first freshener)
    [​IMG]

6. eliya

eliya New Member

I'm going to do Ivory in a separate post as she had SEXTUPLETS!!!
    Here's just one picture of all but the one that didn't make it:
    [​IMG]

7. eliya

eliya New Member

Lucy is a first freshener who kidded with buck/doe twins. Both have gorgeous breed character. I just LOVE the ears! Sire is Echo Hill's Shining Star.

Lucille, the doeling
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ludwig, the buckling (named Charlie by new owners):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. eliya

eliya New Member

Misty had buck/doe twins. The buckling got all the ears. His sister has airplane ears but is still one of the cutest kids here. Sire is Echo Hill's Ulysses S. Grant *B

Napoleon Bonaparte
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wenneveria:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. eliya

eliya New Member

Molly had QUINTS, so I'll post her's in another thread as well. The sire of these kids is Echo Hill's Ulysses S. Grant *B
    Here's the one picture I have of the 4 boys before the belted one passed away (the doeling didn't make it that far:()
    [​IMG]

10. eliya

eliya New Member

One of my favorite does, Nutmeg, had twin doelings. Good girl Nutty!!! I had way too many bucklings born so was pretty thrilled to get these two beautiful doelings even though I had wanted to keep a doeling and a buckling from this breeding. Sire is Echo Hill's Ulysses S. Grant *B. Oh, and I am retaining both of these girls.

Jasmine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Diamond (who will never stand still for her pictures!!!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. eliya

eliya New Member

Raisin was the first to kid on the farm this year. She had triplets - 2 bucklings and one doeling. Sire is Echo Hill's Ulysses S. Grant *B.

The doeling, Dolley Madison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Theodore Roosevelt (Teddy)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Abraham Lincoln:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. eliya

eliya New Member

Rosebud always has gorgeous kids. She didn't disappoint me this year except that they were all bucks. :( Sire is Echo Hill's Shining Star.

Blazing Star:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Huckleberry:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not named yet little CUTIE!:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. eliya

eliya New Member

I expected triplets from Windy as she was so HUGE before she kidded. Well, she had one HUGE buckling. We called him Goliath. Sire is Echo Hill's Ulysses S. Grant *B

Goliath (called Prince by his new owners)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh my goodness

you have a bunch of little cuties!

theyre all so adorable! congrats on the sextuplets and quints!!

15. eliya

eliya New Member

Zephyr was the last doe to kid this year. Thankfully she had three doelings in an attempt to even out our buck/doe ratio. Sire is Echo Hill's Shining Star.

Starburst:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hersehy's Bliss (we are retaining this one)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chocolate Chip:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks Katrina!

17. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Oh my gosh! They are all so cute and gorgeous! Congrats on the wonderful kidding season of 2009!

18. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Congrats on all the kids!! :leap: They are beautiful and just so cute!! :love: :love:

19. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    AWW!! Can you send me a doe or two?? LOL!
    Congrats!!

20. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Wow, Eliya! You sure do have some beautiful Mini Nubians. I love the airplane ears:). Have you had luck on very many quintuplets all surviving?