Our baby Ella Enchanted...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by critterhavenfarm, Mar 28, 2009.

1. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    This is our darling little Ella Enchanted. She was born about a week ago and her twin brother is so much bigger that he kept knocking her out of the way, so we are bottle feeding her now. She is living in the house, but gets to still spend time with her brother and mom outside in the pen during the warm days being a goat. Her mother will take her still, but she is our only girl so far this year and I am not taking any chances with her, and big brother knocks her off the udder everytime. She'll leave mom and come with us anytime she is out, so she isn't feeling neglected in either the goat or human department. She thinks our cat and dogs in the house are her playmates. Thought you'd get a kick out of her pics. She went to the March of Dimes benefit our TV station had the other night and was on TV and a big hit with everyone. I imagine she along with our Boogie will end up being our mascots at the goat festival in Oct.

Here is little Ella...in all her royalty...and yes, she is a goat. Someone at the benefit wanted to know what kind of dog she was...

[​IMG]

Susan

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my what fun

she looks so cute!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is adorable..... :love: :greengrin:

Can I ask ...why you didn't pull the buckling off instead of the doeling?
    Just wondering....because if you are not keeping the buckling ...she might do better on momma....just curious.... :wink: :greengrin:

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What a sweetie......love her in her pink, very girlie girl!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What an absolute doll! Everyone made fun of me for putting a coat on mine - I am so glad that I was not the only one!

6. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    I pulled her instead of the boy because I wanted to make sure she stayed safe since we were keeping her. I've lost too many a baby to the cold, other critters (had a pot bellied pig once that decided newborns were his dinner--ugg..don't ask...horrible...), and just plain problems out in the field we could not anticipate. We don't have a barn yet, so everyone is here, there, and everywhere.

So I pulled her from a FF to make SURE she survived since we were keeping her. Even the big boy from the first doe who kidded was knocking her around. She can now stand her own and mom still lets her nurse, but we bring her in at night just to insure she stays safe. We are fixing to start the separation at night and putting the babies up separate, giving them a bottle at night. If her big brothers will leave her alone she will stay with them...otherwise she comes back in with us. I won't take chances with my girls I'm keeping....

And she is still getting moms milk. I just milk out mom and she gets the milk then.

Susan