our bunch this year

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Graffogefarms, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    Well hoping all goes well this year, and so far, good size kids with the exception of our AN's twins.

First ones, Hope kidded, bucks, but they didn't make it. Smiley kidded, but as I was away and hubby didnt realize she was going to kid, she kidded in the yearling shed, and the poor things got walked on - two does. But other than that, so far so good.

White BS Number 8, lovely AN doe, black and white - george (AN)the daddy! :girl: Jan 25
    Mocha AN cross, a dark gold doeling AN :girl: Jan 29
    Number 29, BS, a BS doe :girl: Feb 4th
    Buttercup Feb 5th Nubian :girl:
    Cream Feb 11th twin boys one b/w and one white :boy: :boy:
    Aine AN AN boy and girl Feb 12 :girl: :boy:
    Chocolate a doe, Nubie, feb 15, :girl:
    Tia today feb 16 a boy nubie cross :boy:
    Vinca - today the 17th a nubie cross again - girl :girl:
    I'm HAPPY :leap:

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Wow, rough start. Glad everythings back on track an going well. I had a hard start to my "fall" kidding season. Hoping for better luck in a couple of weeks. So, are you done? Do you have pics for us?

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Wow - you got kids coming out your ears this past week!

Congrats!!! :stars:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    any sired by Katie's Samuel?

Congrats on all the kiddos!!! :leap:

5. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    It's possible that sammy is the daddy of two. Remember I posted last year about how long the sperm can live after castrating. Sam was one of those saanen bucks I had done. I decided that because it seemed that the BS, had larger heads at kidding time, and after the horrible year last year, though that had nothing to do with it, that I wouldn't do BS, right now. But lo and behold, we got a pure white BS doe, and a buckling - hmm, when it's just the BAs, and the AN Bucks who are whole and running with the herd. LOL, Though it seems to be a majority of AN influenced kids that are arriving this year! I think Wodin was busy arguing with his son, and either bax quietly slipped in or George. Regardless, all I want is healthy kids this year, and with the exception of the two ANs,all have been big and healthy. They are all home, destroying the blacktop, but they are home and happy. I hope to have our proper shed up by the end of the year, and I am going to have a fence guy divide our front lawn into a bunch of little paddocks. Anyway - went out this morning - even though Vinca, was looking to go into the mothers shed, which is where the maternity ward is, I passed no heed as there were no indication of her kidding, big round tummy, ligs were there, though her udder was a bit firm, found another little AN influenced doe this morning! lol!!! Vinca is a BA, I'm happy!!!

Now if miss Daisy would just get it over with, her ligs have come and gone several times, her tum seems to drop, - but we will wait and see! pics in a day or two

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    woo Bridget! Lots of kids =] I'm happy for you! And rock ON if Samwell is the daddy of one or two =] (i'm proud of him, aha)

I might phone ye at the weekend and see how things are going - I dont have kids due myself til April *sighs*. And I'm out of the country right now so can't phone :wink:

7. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    the main thing is the income lol to pay for our goats!! I suspect Sammy could be daddy of the doe, possibly the little buckling. Guess there were swimmers in there, ! lol

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Hehe

well congrats on the kiddos either way.

9. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    ok Bridget, I do need photos, you realise? oh, and photos of Sammy too :greengrin:

PS wanna buy Isa? =]