Our difficult to breed doe

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by logansmommy7, Jan 15, 2011.

1. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Is pregnant! I felt major kid movement today. She had a false pregnancy back in early September and was almost immediately bred by the buck. As she was very difficult to get bred (she will be a FF), we just figured we were in for the same round again of no pregnancy. She has always acted VERY bucky when in heat, so we thought maybe she had a problem with fertility. At any rate, we gave her another chance and she definitely has babies in there. Only, I am not sure what day she is due. She is softening around the tail, but I don't think she should be due for at least 2 more weeks. She doesn't have a very large udder, but it is definitely developing. Here is a pic I took today-it isn't great, but she is WIDE for a FF. It is driving me NUTS not to know exactly when she was bred. She was exposed to the buck many times in the early September time frame. How many :kidblack: 's would you guess?

Attached Files:

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Awe congrats! I am gonna say 2 or 3!:)

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    WhooHooo!!! Congrats! Can't wait for kiddos to get here!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    softening aroudn the tail head is normal for a doe who is due to kid in a couple weeks. Some soften earlier then others.

Her udder makes me think she is due in like a month but if you believe her to have taken sooner then she just maybe a late udder developer ;)

she looks good -- I say twins

5. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Stacey-it could be a month-that is actually my calculation for her earliest breed date (I think). I hate to be unsure of breeding dates, but for whatever reason, this year is hard-they all had weird heat cycles. Anyway-so it totally could be a month-but she is HUGE already...we will see!

6. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Congrats. She does look wide, doesn't she?? My girl is due mid Feb. and she still is hardly showing. Mind you my girl is very long bodied. But she is getting a nice udder. So each goat is different. There sure seems to be a lot of babies due around the same time.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Alright.... congrats .....that is terrific news........ :leap: :thumb: