The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Tina,
I am so sorry to hear about all the rough times you are having.
Can i ask what was wrong with the buck when it was born? You said you new it would not live. Was it a normal delivery, (Head, hoofs), and all that? Please try to fill us in so maybe we can help you.
What kind of hay are you feeding? Could it have Mustard weed, (flix weed), or something else in it. Blister beetle are really really bad in Kansas. Here in CO, they are not even allowing Kansas hay in here. Now not all hay is infested with blister Beetles from Kansas, but they are not taking a chance.

:grouphug: Hugs from COLORADO

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Tina,
My heart just aches for you. I am so sorry about all that you have done threw. What kind of grain are you feeding? Do they have enough calcium? I am just trying to think of anything. I want to thinks about this and I will talk to some friends and see what they say.
God Bless you and the family. Hugs to you all.

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I understand about the hay. Even here from one year to another, the quality changes big time. What I have done is just make sure they have a good loose mineral, at all times and I also leave out sea Kelp. I have noticed that lately they have really gone after the mineral. I do not know why, but they have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.