Our Eowyn Kidded!!! (Pics added)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Laurel_Haven, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Our Eowyn has reached day 145 today. So you know what that means… babies coming very soon. :leap:

These babies will be a bit special to us as they are our first babies from Cornerstone Farm Calah. Our old man Calah passed away on January 2nd. It was a very sad day as he was the first adult goat we have ever lost. We only had Calah for 6 months but during his short stay here he did service 2 does for us. So I am thankful we will have some of his kids to carry on his legacy. I am anxious to see what he left behind for us through these babies from Eowyn. I will more than likely retain one from her or Rosilind and name the baby “Calah’s Last Dance” in honor of Calah.

His babies will be here very soon now! I will be sure to keep you all posted. I have her in the kidding pen tonight as she is beginning to have some discharge and is VERY vocal this evening.

I will get a picture of her on my next "baby watch" visit to the barn...

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Re: Our Eowyn is on day 145!!!

Yeah!!! Babies soon!!! :leap:

I am very sorry about Calah :hug: The name you have picked for one of his kids is very sweet and thoughtful! I love it! I can't wait to see what babies you have out of him! Definitely keep us posted :wahoo:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Tina, I can't wait to see these babies...Eowyn is one of my favorites of your girls, so sorry about Calah :hug:

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Heres hoping for an uneventful kidding! (and that she gets on with it *tapping foot*) :)

So Sorry you lost your boy, but at least you have the chance for his offspring! :hug:

5. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada

How exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly and the babies are healthy.

I'm sorry to hear about Calah :hug:

6. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Re: Our Eowyn is on day 147!!!

Thanks everyone... and Calah will be deeply missed. :cry:

It is after midnight so we just hit day 147 and still no babies. By the way she is progressing though I am thinking within the next 24 hours. Or at least that is my guess... :roll:
    I forgot to post that picture so adding one now. I am very anxious to see Calah's babies. I am thinking twins maybe even just a singleton as she isn't near as big as in the past with multiples. I will update as we get closer! :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    (This picture was taken on day 146, you can see where she has been biting at her sides)

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Bless both yours and her heart. Hopefully she will have them soon for you.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

she looks deep enough for twins. So I say twins

Love your does name!

I think that is quite a fitting name you have picked out for the retained doeling.

9. ProctorHillFarm

Wow, look how low that belly is.
    Im hoping for :boy: :girl: for you and SOON :stars:

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

I will keep my fingers crossed for babies today!! :leap: She is just beautiful! I really can't wait to see what she has!!! Calah was a Sundgau (or full blanket Buckskin) wasn't he?? Or am I thinking of a different goat :scratch:

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Any babies yet???? Can't wait til she has them! Make sure to take lots of pics for us!

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I'd say she is deep enough to have twins in there, and I do hope you get that doeling from her :pray:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She looks deep so I'd say twins or possibly triplets. Faith from the top, front or back doesn't look big. Last year she was the same and had quads. She's deep though as always.

14. ProctorHillFarm

Babies? :pray:

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Did she kid yet Tina??? Hoping for a very text book healthy kidding!

16. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Re: Our Eowyn is on day 148!!!

NO... :hair: She is on day 148 and although she seems so ready, we still have no babies. :shrug: I didn't get much sleep last night because I thought for sure she was going to kid. :coffee2:

Everyone of my does have kidding on an average of day 148 this season. Yet last season they went early and the average was day 145.
    Shouldn't be much longer, she is VERY vocal, chewing at her sides alot, and very slow getting up and down today. When she squats to pee, she stays in that position for a long time before standing upright. So we are close. :shades:

17. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

:leap: :leap: I will keep my fingers crossed for an easy delivery! Can't wait to see those kids!!

18. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oo sounds very promising for today

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I don't think I can stand it if she waits til 150! If those kids aren't on the ground soon I'll be sending her some of those "invisible" hugs to squeeze them out!

Hope all is going well and she's progressing and I really hope she has :girl: :girl:

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

ok - how are we progressing??