The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our first baby born on the farm was born today!
Abbye
We started with 2 baby does two years ago ( with baby we now have 9) and this fall we breed one and she gave us a perfect baby girl this morning about 8:44 AM we

she is 12 1/2 % Sannan, 12 1/2 % Alpine, and 75 % Nubian..
Look like a nubian

so at this point 10 hr later I only have one question left-

does anyone know how much Tetanus Antitoxin you are to give a new born. I need to give her her D&CT too but I want to give her them together

Donna B

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
What a precious baby! I love her color and EARS! You don't need to give her the CD/T for at least 4 weeks IF her dam was given it a month ago. You would follow that first dose 23-28 days later with the 2nd dose. If the dam was not vaccinated a month before delivery, then you give the kid the first dose at 2 weeks old and follow with the second dose in 23-28 days. The dose is 2cc. Tetanus antitoxin given at the time you dis-bud...if thats why you wish to give it to her.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much-- I was told by the lady I got my first two goats from 2 years ago that you give them their shots the day they are born... But I like the idea of waiting better.... pocking her little body right now did not sound like fun to me... Thank you so much for the info.

Donna B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts