Our Girls - not sure of due date

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by HoosierShadow, May 22, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    We have two does - boer/cross. They are a little over a year old, and were bred to a registered boer buck who is GORGEOUS. We were told they would be due in July, but on the paperwork she put down Jan 15th for both due dates. We're guessing June late June?
    Their bags are finally starting to get bigger, and the pics don't do their bellies justice..their bellies look much bigger than they do in the pics!
    Snow White has the biggest belly all the way around.

I took these pics on Thurs -

Snow White
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow White and her best friend, Sweetheart. Snow White is getting more tan coloring on her neck every day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweetheart is the same age as Snow White. She was the sweetest of the two, but lately she kind of prefers to be off by herself opposed to being loved on. She's still as nosey as ever though LOL
    Also, one day she seems really big bellied, and other days she seems smaller <like now>. She's filling out more overall though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will try to get more pics in the next day or two.

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    No way those girls will be waiting till Jan 15. I would contact the breeder to have her/him make a correction. If you don't there may be a problem when/if you register the kids as percentages ( I think you can do that)

Good lookin girls by the way..

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did she put down Jan 15th as the breeding date? if so that means a due date of mid June. I think thats what you ment when you said "Jan 15th for due dates"

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well...they're definately preggy! I'd say the date of 1/15 was the breed date and they do look as though they'll hold out til mid June.

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Hey Everyone, thanks for the kind comments! yep i did mean mid June for due dates! Sorry for the typo I had a zillion things going on earlier, but wanted to share the pics while I had a chance! I also meant to post this in the Waiting room section too! OOPS!
    These two girls, and two dairy goats shared a pen with the buck, so they were all exposed to him. And yep, the kids can be registered as 50%ers.

Do you all think Snow White could be a Boer/Kiko mix? I'm trying to figure out what kind of breeding she may have. The woman we bought her from got her from an orchard who used the girls during a petting zoo, so they were little when she got them but she wasn't sure what they might have in them other than boer.
    I LOVE the way Snow White is built so that's why I was wondering. She is really solid looking.