Our goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Maggie, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I'm new here and just wanted to introduce our small goat "herd". We originally got Maggie to keep one of the horses company, then 3 days later bought Ginger from the same farm to keep Maggie happy. Then we were just hooked on goats and have decided to buy more does and start breeding. Maggie is 100% Boer, but not registered. Ginger is Boer/Alpine. We just got Homer last weekend, he is 87.5% boer and 7months.
    I dont mind if you give Homer a little critique either, I'm always happy to learn more everyday.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a pretty pair Ginger and Maggie are! You did well with getting Maggie a buddy, they look quite content.

Homer looks like he's gonna be a big boy! Nice and thick!

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    from the pic of homer, he looks good...can get front and rear shots? i would like to see how wide he is.

4. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I will have to get some more pics of Homer tomorrow, that was the only one he's actually hold still for! Hes a pretty stocky little guy.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How pretty ...thanks for sharing..... :thumb: :greengrin: :love:

6. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Heres a few more of Homer. They aren't that great, he was more interested in following me around to try to get a some scratching from me. Please excuse his tail, we think he got stepped on by one of the horses the other day. The skin was pulled off right off the bone and he had to have about inch and a half cut off, poor boy.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      81.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      101.3 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      101.6 KB
      Views:
  7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :thumbup: homer is a nice thick buck....lookin good...... :thumb: :greengrin: :wink: :hi5:

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awww...cute goaties!

9. very nice little herd! Congrats! Homer is a thick lil guy! It will be cool to see kids from them! :thumb:

10. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    I love Boers! But I could not bring myself to eat/market them :sigh: . They are so cute! :love: your buck!

11. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    VERY nice, he should make some stocky babies!!! Gorgeous boy

12. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Thank you everyone. I was worried about asking opinions on Homer, I thought I might get told he was junk and not to breed him!
    milkmaid- I couldn't bring myself to eat them either, especially seeing I am a vegetarian :wink: We'd like to keep any nice doelings we get and market the bucklings/wethers, I'll try not to get too attached!

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.... :thumbup:

No there is nothing wrong with Homer....he is a nice boy.... :thumb: :greengrin:

14. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Good luck trying not to get attached! I dont think I could even market them! Tells you I'm not ment to raise meat goats!