DSC00768.jpg
DSC00767.jpg
DSC00769.jpg
DSC00773.jpg
DSC00765.jpg
DSC00766.jpg
DSC00772.jpg
DSC00775.jpeg
I've been SUPER negligent about posting the exciting wait for our two mama goats. Lola is on day 145 today and she's HUGE. I'm thinking she'll pop this afternoon. She given three sets of twins in the past and she's never been this big before... I'm thinking triplets. What do you think?

DSC00775.jpeg
DSC00775.jpeg
DSC00772.jpg

And here's Annika. She's due in a week or so... She's given us twins, trips and quads in the past. I'm thinking twins or trips this time. What do you think?

·
Goat Crazy!
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoa. I had some serious issues with that post! Sorry about all the pics. I double checked and, as far as I can tell, I uploaded them right?

Oh well, Lola is the colorful brown, black and white doe that is wider than a bus.

Annika is the mostly white doe with the light brown cape.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Whoa. I had some serious issues with that post! Sorry about all the pics. I double checked and, as far as I can tell, I uploaded them right?

Oh well, Lola is the colorful brown, black and white doe that is wider than a bus.

Annika is the mostly white doe with the light brown cape.
:waiting:
Waiting for it to download.lol
Piggybacking on wifi next door.:heehee:

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Wow, Annika will need training wheels soon.
I sure hope the waiting is almost over. Happy kidding!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lola's hilarious looking when she lies down. Her sides just billow up around her!

She's still holding out on me. But she is starting to separate from the other goofballs. That's not normal for her. There's heavy rain predicted for tonight and we don't have a "normal" barn. So I'm prepping my umbrella.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So no babies yet. Methinks there is a conspiracy brewing: Annika has been stretching and posing and they've both been super mellow. They're both eating great, but we're having to force them out to take walks. I bet they are coordinating so they kid at the same time.

Oh well, that will make bottle schedules alot easier!

Hormones are intense and our LaMancha yearling was humping both the preggos and shoving them around. So she and her Nigerian herdmate - they are boarding with us and should be leaving SOON - were moved into a temporary apartment in our trailer.

C'MON, babies!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well...I'm home until around 3:30. Then I have to run a few errands and help set up a 4-H auction.

So I'll be gone several hours.

In the meantime, we put the boarded goober-heads in the penalty box for harassing the preggos. They will literally be leaving to their new home tomorrow!
DSC00778.jpg

Here are 2 more of the Riff-Raff, untying my shoes.

DSC00783.jpg

But they ARE so stinkin' cute!

DSC00786.jpg

And, while I'm waiting, I built a high quality, custom run-in shelter in case it rains while the big girls are kidding. 'Cause rain is definitely in the forecast.

DSC00779.jpg

And last time I came out to check on Lola, Annika was sitting in a weird dog position and talking to her side. And neither one of the girls will come up to the fence to say "Hi". Of course, when I got the camera out they both stood up and tried to act "normal". :waiting:

"Babies? We don't know what you're talking about, Mom!"

Brats!

DSC00782.jpg

1 - 20 of 67 Posts