Our happily waiting thread - The wait is OVER!!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by PznIvyFarm, Aug 9, 2010.

1. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I am putting last night's disaster behind us and starting a new fresh waiting thread for my other girls.

Mink is posty and a little mucousy. Chara looks fine, but with both of them their body shape is different, I think they both have lost ligs (Mink is not one to let me handle her much) and they have spent most of the day lying around breathing heavy and picking lightly at their food. They have both had triplets in the past according to their previous owner.

I am off to get pics if i can get them up.

Yay, both of them decided pictures were okay.

Mink
    [​IMG]

Chara
    [​IMG]

2. glenolam

glenolam New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Canterbury, CT
    Re: Our happily waiting thread

Good luck!

3. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE

Sending :pray: prayers your way that these two will deliver healthy kids without complications!!

:hug:

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Wow they got some big bellies! Very cute though! If that's not posty legs, I don't know what is! :) Good Luck and happy kidding!

5. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010

I did a midnight check and nothing. I came back here and read something about imminent delivery after posty legs and thought there is no way i can stay up another night, she is just going to have to do it herself (she's an independent cuss anyway) Went out this morning expecting to see babies, and still nothing (probably having them right now since i decided to take a shower and have a cup of coffee.)

6. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada

wishing you a happy easy kidding experience with both does! hope your bailey heals quickly physically & emotionally (you too!)

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you can give them each some calcium drench to be sure that they arent deficient too and have good strong contractions to push the kids out. -- never a bad idea to give that when kidding is imminent

8. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010

Do i need to get some kind of drenching tool? I gave it to Bailey last night in one of the kid medicine spoons - the kind you get at the pharmacy. The first spoonful went in ok, the second she started choking and i thought i got it in her lungs. I have a probios tube, but it seems a little liquidy for that.

I am getting too much practice at giving medicine and shots lately........ :sigh:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

do you have any used syringes? love my drenching syringe but until you can get one just regular syringes work. I clean them out after using them for injections. Sometimes I boil them other times I dont, depends on what it was used for and how long before I used it as as drenching syringe

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

They look really close. Good luck and keep us posted.

You could also just offer them tums. They have lots of Calcium in them.

11. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010

Still waiting....................

i thought once they got 'posty' that they would deliver soon.

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Usually it's 12-24 hours from being posty, BUT the other conditions need to be there as well, no ligs, full udder with plump teats and contractions. They'll just decide to keep you waiting because they know you are bone tired and need your pillow.

13. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010

ACK! :hair:

Still waiting. No ligs, udder looks fullish, no heavy contractions but lots of abnormal behavior - she is nesting also - pawing the bedding into a nest for herself, lying down, getting up, redoing it, lying down, etc. But she has been doing that since last night. I was up every hour to check on her, would sit there 5-10 minutes to see if contractions, and then go back to bed. At one point I decided to just lie down in the pen - did you know roosters wake up at 3:30 am? Two of the dummies started crowing back and forth and WOULD NOT SHUT UP! I looked at the goats drowsing away, and asked them how they could stand it, and went back to bed - only to find out DH had locked me out of the house! I asked him what he was thinking and he said he thought i was in bed - grrrrr. I didn't hear the next timer ding so i slept the last couple hours, but it was just as well since i needed the rest.

14. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Re: Our happily waiting thread - One down, one to go

Last night both Mink and Chara were acting weird. Still thought Mink was going to go first since she was posty and had been acting 'off' for longer. But last night they were both sighing, getting up, getting down, breathing heavy, etc. I could see movement in Mink's side but didn't know if it was contractions or babies. Checked on everyone around 1:30 and set my timer for an hour. I did hear it, but thought 'I'll just lie here another minute'. Next time I woke was 4:30. Went out to the barn, and when i was halfway there I heard what sounded like kittens. Went in, and Chara had one baby out by her head, semi-cleaned, another one just out that she was trying to clean off, so i grabbed it and toweled it off, wrapped both babies in a towel by her head, and went to call my daughter since i promised - but she wouldn't get up. (she was having a sleepover with a couple friends and they were up way too late.) Went back to the barn, and thought both babies felt chilled so i got the heat lamp out and put them on a towel underneath. Chara still looked huge and the babies were so tiny (like half the size of Bailey's baby) and then she pushed out another one, much bigger than the first two. Dried that one off and it was struggling to get up and nurse within a few minutes. She tried to let it, but then started pushing again, and another baby was out (and I started praying she didn't have 6 like Olivia) So i'm trying to get the babies dry, Chara is helping, and Mink starts making all sorts of groaning noises, and I thought she was going into labor too - started getting nervous b/c i knew the babies all had to nurse soon. The last two popped right up and started nursing w/o any problems. The second baby warmed up a bit, started walking around, and came over to nurse briefly. The only one that wasn't nursing was the first baby. I gave her some colostrum from Bailey with a bit of corn syrup mixed in, some nutri-drench, and a vit E capsule and she finally started nursing (briefly) on her own. I am going to keep a close eye on her though.

The pic is terrible, but we moved them into the smaller kidding stall, so it is harder to get good pics. Once they are walking around more it should be easier, but everyone seems really tired.

[​IMG]

Baby number one :kidred: is invisible. She is mostly white, with brown markings

Baby number two :kidblue: is the smaller one on the far right. He is dark brown, with darker brown on his legs, and a big white blotch on his head

Baby number three :kidblue: is the one that's standing, he is more of a grey brown, and one of the biggest.

Baby number four :kidblue: is identical in color to number 2 and is the biggest one. HE was the first to stand and nurse. [oops that is the LAST time I will take a kid's word for what sex a baby is - i just checked and "she" is another BOY!]

I will get better pictures later when they are bouncing around more. Right now I am making sure the littlest ones get enough milk. I will keep everyone posted on these babies and the babies to be. Mink is still making a fuss - probably just being a drama queen b/c it doesn't look like anything else is going on.

15. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee

Oh they are beautiful!!! My favorite Nigerian color is buckskin and you got 4! And two doelings! I am thrilled for you!

Huge congratulations to all!!!

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

COngrats on the quads - that is wonderful!!! Can't wait to see all of them up and bouncing around!!! way to go goatie momma!

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

WOW :shocked:

Congrats on a healthy delivery!!

18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

nice looking kids!

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Woe... :shocked: ...congrats...they are adorable.... :love: :thumb:

20. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I agree! WOW! Congrats on quads! They are adorable!