The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the herd is growing for the last time this year! We saw Little Tots Estate in GA had a lot of kids available from their fall kidding and we decided we just couldn't pass up getting another foundation doe and buck. I originally wanted a polled buck but, my mom wanted the one with the best milking lines. As much as I wanted the polled one I had to agree that you don't milk the horns so for right now milking lines were more important.

Anyway the second is a doe whose mother is one of their finished champion does. Her mom is GCH SM3Pines Jaffa's Xeres 1*M

The first is a buckling. His mother is Little Tots Estate Syringa 3*M 1 x Rs Jr Ch.

And the last little guy is Private from Helmstead Miniatures in Indiana. His mother is Helmstead Minis FF Glamorous and his father is *B Rosasharn MR General B +*S/ DAR 89

Hopefully all the goaties will be shipping out this week from their current homes. All of them are coming in on a plane so everybody pray they have a safe stress free trip!

Oh and I also finally got our website up and running this week! :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
So sweet!! Love the little cream colored one.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I'm so excited about the doeling. When I first asked about her the owner had someone interested in her but they hadn't made a final decision yet. I wasn't as impressed with the other doeling so I held out for her and lucky for me they picked another doeling. I can't wait to show her next year!:cool:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody! They're mostly settled now, but we had a time figuring out how to get them to take their bottles. It was not as easy as I thought it would be! They finally took them and drank all their milk. The buck though started bothering the girl and trying to mount her. I know he's not fertile yet, but she was really getting upset about it so we had to put them in cages next to each other for the night. I didn't want him running her around and stressing her out.

Should I give them some probios? I was told it's good to give to new goats and I give it to all my new guys, but they're only 6 weeks old.. Can they have that?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Wow I really like them. That doeling is already soooo level and the brisket the buckling is showing is awesome! They're so angular too! :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Awe! How adorable!! :love:
Yes, you can give them Probios :) I give it to all my kids at a few days old to give them a little 'boost' in the right direction :) it won't hurt them any :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aw thanks everyone! And thank you for the input on the conformation Scottyhorse! :) I was hoping I could get them critiqued but I thought right now since they're still on the tiny side I should wait.

We decided to name them Isabella and Ferdinand

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Cute names :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts