The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We brought her home today! No name just yet.

We did a short meet and greet with the doelings (and Hallie) and seperated Hope and Rudy (the aggressive does). It went rather well. They checked each other out and then lost interest for the most part.

Hope and Rudy were allowed to check her out from behind the fence, and then I sat for ten minutes or so with her between my legs and Hope and Rudy just looked at her from a distance.

It's going to take some time, but I think we'll do alright.

Pictures!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Too cute! Love the pic of her with the red/chocolate and white doeling.

Can't wait to hear how the training process goes.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Congrats-she is very pretty! :stars: It's going to be fun watching her grow and learn her responsibilities. :cool:

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yes, her sire and dam are HUGE. She's doing really well, cried for a while cause she misses her family but that's normal. I'm ignoring it.

Silly Hope decided to stick her foot in the milk pail so the whole pack got some nice goat milk in their food.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I want one :mecry: :mecry:

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yes! Hubby named her Rogue, because of her mask.

She is doing REALLY well. She comes on command already, or at least we're laying a solid foundation there. She spent two hours in the goat pen the other day (supervised by me through the window) and was excellent. Checked things out, then went for a snooze under the tire.

Even Hope and Rudy are doing well. They have threatened a few times but have not shown the EXTREME aggression they often will towards dogs. Rogue's pen is right against their pen and that's where she spends most of her time, although I do let her out three times a day for some playtime and things while I'm outside working

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sooooo adorable!!! I remember when my dog was that tiny. Now he is twice as heavy as me (I'm only like 69 pounds) and like a foot taller then my when he stands on his hind legs at the fence. Bu the is still a teddy bear, a BIG teddy bear!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts