Our new pound pup/dog rescue!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Haviris, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    We actually went by the pound to adopt a few cats we'd seen earlier, when my mom saw this girl, schnauzers are her breed so she spotted this girl right off and knew we had to get her. Even if just to clean her up and find her a good home, well she's found one! And that is with mom! We had to wait 10 days til her stray time was up, she was in need of a major grooming and was completely covered in ticks. It will be a week Monday since we picked her up and I think she's looking pretty good! Although if you run your hands over her you can still feel the bumps and soars from the ticks. Vet said she's fairly young 1 1/2-2 years old. Her name is Spice (her other one is Sugar).
    These pics were taken today, not the greatest, she's cuter in person!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is Sugar, she was my mom's Christmas present, and boy was she suprised!
    [​IMG]
    And with my dog Iris,
    [​IMG]

2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I love hearing when dogs and cats find great new homes after being in the pound/shelter. Congrats on your mom's new addition and for giving another dog a second chance!

Thanks for sharing the pictures also.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe she is beautiful!!!

4. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Here's her before picture!
    [​IMG]
    Hard to believe it's the same dog, she's really not gotten her complete after pic, she's still covered in bumps and soars from the ticks, in a month or two we'll have a true after pic!

And here are the two cats we picked up,
    Tom,
    [​IMG]
    And Nancy (named by my 5 year old nephew),
    [​IMG]
    They were spayed/neutered last week and now Tom is being transitioned to the outdoors (bad bathroom habits) haven't yet desided if Nancy gets to stay inside or will move out. They were just to nice of cats to die at the pound, so now they have a home, I just hope the other two that were there manage to get adopted, if we could have afforded to spay and neuter anymore we may have taken them to, to be barn cats (they weren't as friendly).

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I would NEVER of guess that was the same dog. I feel so bad for dogs that are treated like she was. Years ago we goat a god in LA that was FULL of ticks also. She had over 280 ticks on her poor little body. We loved that dog to death. The worst part of it was she was pregnant also wit hall those ticks.

We ALWAYS get out animals form the pound. I would NEVER pay the money to people and pet stores, there are TONS of dogs there that need a good home.

It looks like Spice was meant to be with your family. She is now just beautiful. Looks like she and you mom are happy as ever.

6. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    She's crazy about my mom now, I think she knows she was rescued. We definately wanted to keep her, but wasn't sure how she'd be with the kids and other animals, turns out that wasn't a prob at all, she's getting along with everyone so far. It's crazy how badly people can treat animals, she's so young and from the looks of it already pumped out atleast one litter.

I just feel terrible for the ones I had to leave behind, while we waited for her stray time to be up we went by and gave her and the others treats, I got to know them all fairly well. The one that really stands out to me is the hound that was in the next kennel, she liked the treats, but I think was mostly happy to see me each day. Then there was the aussie/healer mix with the new puppies, she always seemed so sad. And then there were the three pups on the other side, there was a black lab mix puppy that I think may have died, an aussie mix pup that was blind in one eye (there was a note on the cage that said he/she was being held for owner, but if it was mine I can't imagine leaving it there that long), and an older aussie mix pup that I think is going to make someone a great dog!