1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That looks really nicely made as does all your stuff. But I do wonder that no goat has fooled with the handle and turned the water on.

Re: freezing - at 14 degrees I don't know of anything to keep it from doing that but I used to float rubber balls in the horses tank years ago- it did keep the surface from freezing sometimes. But you had to put in enough to mostly cover the surface.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
enjoytheride said:
...But I do wonder that no goat has fooled with the handle and turned the water on..
I know what you mean. Our previous water spigot was like a "T" and they were able to turn that one on. This one's a little more difficult to get hold of, and so far they've left it alone (knock on wood).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
enjoytheride said:
.. I think it would be eay to clean.
Yes, I got very tired of toting water buckets to dump and clean so we wouldn't make mud near the barn. The sink has a plug in the bottom. We buried about 30' of drain pipe, with an elbow coming up out of the ground underneath it, so you just pull the plug and the water comes out down over a hill.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
That looks great, For me I would be afraid that my babies would go to jump on it and fall in the water and drown. i have already lost on to that this year. My babies jump on EVERYTHING, as I am sure they all do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a very good point. I forgot about that because we don't have any babies. Ours are mostly wethers with a couple of dry does---just pets, I guess. Breeding goats would be fun, but I'd be afraid I wouldn't want to let go of any of them. Plus I'm getting too old---don't want my goats to outlive me. :wink:

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
I love the water trough, It looks very nice! :leap:

Maybe you could post pics of it from different angles and such...Maybe I'll get my dad to make one hen we get goats lol

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Wonderful idea! Yes, very sharp looking construction. Thank the goats for doing a demo for us. :)

·
Administrator
84,628 Posts
I agree with sweetgoats ,,if you ever have kids I would worry about them taking the big plunge..drowning or hypothermia...........Oh how cold... :shocked: ......just be careful.... :worried:
It is a very nice looking watering hole,.............. By the way of what I can see
of your goats,they are gorgeous....love there coloring.... :love:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts