Our newest addition! NO MORE NEW BUCKS AFTER THIS!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by poppypatch, Jul 15, 2009.

1. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Said that before! We were not going to get any more new bucks then this great buck just happened to be available so close to home.
    Here are a couple not the greatest photos. We will be getting him on Friday so I will get more photos then.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

Attached Files:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations, he is really nice.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  4. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Congrats!! He is very nice looking!!

5. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Hey Shannon!!
    Nice stinky man!!
    Where did he come from??

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    really nice...... :thumbup: :greengrin:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He's very handsome!! What are his bloodlines?

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Nice buck! Congrats! :)

9. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Sorry I forgot to say who he was...duh

Sugar Creeks WK Sally's Max
    Sire- Sugar Creek VL Tunes Walkman
    (Sugar Creek NT Valor*S X ARMCH/GCH Sugar Creek PT Show Tunes 91 EEEE)
    Dam- WGF Sally*D
    (Dav-Lyn Toby X WGF Rosie)

He line breeds back on Sally with Valor's sire Sally's Nate. For those that know the Sugar Creek lines might remember Sally's Nate is the sire of ARMCH Nate's Patience (Natl best udder doe).

The lady who has him also has a Flat Rocks buck she is offering for sale for only $200. She gave me the pedigree on him also if anyone is interested(Auburn WA). Think he is a bit older though. Think I have the birthdate for him also.
    Max is only a two-year-old. She is keeping a son and a couple daughters out of Max and she has a couple other young bucks to use(has a Rosasharn Tiger L son) She just has a small herd of does there to breed.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oooooo I like him!!! He appears BE, is he? Black and BE is a very nice looking combo. He is nice and long too :greengrin:

11. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    She says he is black with a white poll and he has wattles.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

12. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh Neat!

We just picked up his maternal half sister (Sugar Creek MT Nellie)- who also happens to be Sally's Nates full sister (littermates I think?)!

She is a platinum milker and AR doe. She is 9 this year- but had a big healthy boy, so we are hoping to get a few kiddings out of her.

Nice nice lines there

13. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    What a nice buy - both of you! I have always loved her goats and was sad (but understood) when she sold out. Too many good breeders have gotten out of goats lately.

14. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    I remember Nellie from when Sugar Creek had her! I loved her! She had a really big, wide rear udder. Hopefully she will give you lots more nice kids! Most Nigerian does breed fine into old age.
    The lady who has Max also has another younger full sister of Nate and Nellie "Sugar Creek MT Tressa" She did a close line-breeding this year breeding Tressa to Max and is retaining a buckling out of that cross.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

15. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Shannon- thats so neat! I would have loved to see her in her hayday. Now she is a saggy old lady :oops: er grand ol lady I mean :wink: but her udder is still gorgeous, high and wide- and man her teats are HUGE. Im so excited to add her in.
    Any idea where I can find an old picture of her, I goog'led but didn't come up with much, just her name in a bunch of pedigrees.

That buck should do some great things for you- great find! :thumbup:

16. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    The only place I know of that the photo can be seen is the Sugar Creek advertisement in the July/September 2003 issue of Ruminations. It is a very tiny photo in black & white but still quite impressive. Wish I could scan and give it to you but they most likely have a copyright on it.

We picked up Max today! He is a very very handsome guy! Thinking we will probably breed our newest ADGA champion to him this Fall. Was going to use Rosasharn noname(ARMCH Tom's Bit-O-Honey/Galaxy son) but he is going to be way too young to be breeding for a long time.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm