Our Nubian doe "Maggie" due July 6th

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by JessaLynn, May 18, 2010.

1. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    So this is my second kidding experience so very excited! Maggie is our 4yr old Nubian doe 3rd freshening so expecting lots of milk from her hopefully! She had twins each time is what I was told.She has got to have either that or triplets because she has really gotten big in just a couple weeks.I felt alot of movement to.We bred her to my friends boar buck and using the kids for meat.Last time our other doe gave us twin boys.Watch this one will have twin does and we don't need them :roll: I'm gonna try to get a picture soon if it would stop raining!! :sigh: Bad part about her kidding at that time is we will be in the middle of building our new barn and was hoping to have it done before but plans got put on hold. :doh: Got to go refresh my memory on all the kidding supplies and getting things ready for her! Can't wait!! Love baby goats!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :clap: :leap: :drool: :kidblack:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well it sounds like you are going to be enjoying waiting for the next month and a half.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is very exciting ..... :thumb: once they are born ....they are such a blessing....for sure.... :wink: :)

4. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    With all the construction it's gonna be so crazy! Our temp kid pen will be used for all our goats because we have to do away with our previous barn before we can build the new one cus it's going in the same spot.We only have 3 other does.Think it will be to big of a problem? We only have 1 doe that is a bit aggressive at times the others are way laid back and nothing seems to bother them.Might could put the aggressive doe in with the buck till it gets done.

5. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I believe she's ready to go.I can't feel her ligaments and her udder has filled up.No discharge yet so gonna just keep checking on her threw out the night.Wish me luck!

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Any babies yet???

7. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Nope not yet.She had lost her plug so anytime now.I hate waiting!!!!

8. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Today's the day, so hopefully she'll give you kids soon! I love the waiting game! We're waiting on one more doe - not sure of due date, but her ligs are FINALLy starting to soften up... so yep love the waiting game! ;)

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Happy Kidding... :thumb: :wink:

10. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    STILL NOTHING! I thought for sure last night she was gonna go cus she was laying down most the day and whinning.Soo frustrating! Gonna sit on her and pop them out myself lol Wish my camera would work so I could post a pic.I can't shrink the size to post GRRRR!! Our other nubian doe wont leave her side and I got a picture of her laying her head on Maggie's belly.It was sooooo cute! Like she knows.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    use photobucket - upload and then share with the URL link :thumb:

12. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    We got goaties!!! 2 strapen boys! Maggie had a really hard labor and I had to help the first one out.He had his leg bent in and was stuck.I kept trying to push him back in to get the other leg situated but mom kept pushing.It was awful and scary!! I thought I was gonna loose them both.Somehow it all worked out and I grabed ahold of the one leg and pulled as she pushed.His head emerged and I kept pulling as she pushed.He came out one big boy and soon followed was the second slightly smaller boy.I'm so relieved it's over and mom did a job well done and is an awesome mom at that! :clap: :leap: :kidblue: :kidblue:
    I got to figure the photo bucket thing so I can post pictures.They are handsome.To bad these are our meat goats :sigh:

13. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You did a great job! And Hooray for Maggie! There are directions around here somewhere for posting pictures, I bet Stacey has them in the Photogenic folder. It took me awhile to figure it out, but it really isn't that hard. I'm a little old for the online forum computer stuff.

Jan

14. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hope this works.Here's the link to the pictures to see the babies!
    Both boys
    [​IMG]

The first one out and the one who was stuck
    [​IMG]

15. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Nice looking boys congrates

16. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Handsome little fellas! So cute when they stretch :)
    Congratulations!! :leap: