The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back story for cool pic....We have this old horse. We got him 1 1/2 years ago as a freebie. Skin and bones when we got him. Supposedly 17 years old, gelded the year before, cataracts in one eye. Came off a race track....he has an unreadable tattoo. My daughter had just lost her first horse to a broken leg but this guy was suppose to be for me. Got some weight on him, she rode him, and he wasn't mine anymore:( LOL She tried out for the Rodeo Princess on him....think young girl trying to teach an old racehorse how to do a reining pattern when she didn't know how!! He was a trooper and did his best. After that, we took him to a chiropractor. Poor old boy. He's so full of arthritis, it's amazing that he can move and doesn't come up lame and sore. He literally cannot "collect" anymore (get his hind legs under him for his power push off) and has to get into a lope by throwing his head forward. This year she had a new horse, but we were having some problems with her wanting to buck. Soooo....come the fair show for speed events we end up using Old Cyclone. She trots around the barrel pattern and gets to the last barrel....her face is awesome! She's yelling "WHOA".... He had to have been in the perfect position in his stride to pull this off!

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pretty horse

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. He is a fantastic old guy. We can put anyone on him and he was an absolute confidence builder for my daughter last year. I'm hoping we have him around for at least a couple more years, but I know it's getting close to his time. We've floated what's left of his teeth and he's hard to keep weight on. Already had a scare this fall as he quit eating for a few days.... I've had a friend who ages him closer to 30 than 20.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts