Our Sweetie Bunnie Pie

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by strothergoats, Nov 25, 2007.

1. strothergoats

strothergoats New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Bunnie was a very special and loving goat.

She was due to kid December 4, 2007. I forever wanted a donkey and well I was able to purchase one that was due to foal around thanksgiving. While our son was in from college visiting, we went to feed that evening, we saw a goat down in the pasture. I knew it had to be bunnie, she was slow to get away from the donkey as she was so pregnant. The donkey would make the goats go in to the shed area when she felt danger or was spooked and we always felt it was just protecting them. Well we got to bunnie and her neck was broke, she was dead. We knew she must have been kicked by the donkey, once in the neck and once in the belly, both feet. Angry at the donkey we ran her to a secluded area away from all the goats. I could still feel bunnie was warm. I couldnt feel any movements from the babies but I knew I had to deliver c-section to make sure there was no chance of their survival. My husband and son opened her up and we pulled out a little girl, brown just like her and one boy black with gray spots. No movement, no heartbeat, no breathing......we tried. We will miss them so much. We were so hoping for a little girl. Because I felt guilty, I took the donkey to the sale on the following wednesday, I couldnt look at her... all I thought of was bunnie and her babies. Rest in Peace bunnie, we love you so much.
  2. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I'm so sorry :cry: She was beautiful.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm so sorry to hear about that, she was a beautiful goat. :hug:
  4. strothergoats

strothergoats New Member

Nov 22, 2007
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    oh my that is just terrible!!! I am so sorry for you :blue: :hug:
  6. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    What a sad experience. big hugs to you and your family.
  7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    I know how the c-section thing goes...had to do it also. not me but hubby did. I am sorry for your losses!!!
  9. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I am so so sorry for your losses, we all know how much it hurts to lose a beloved goat. And its harder I think when you don't expect it. My heart goes out to you
  10. strothergoats

strothergoats New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Thank you all for your kinds words. It has been very difficult for exactly that........no expecting it.
  11. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    :grouphug: i am so sorry you lost her. she was a beautiful girl.
  12. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I am so sorry for your loss. We have two yearling mini donkeys in with our goats. They bite the goats and chase but not nearly enough to break skin. Our jack had Stella by the top of the neck and was dragging her around. She was screaming. He is seperated now. (((((Hugs))))).
  13. strothergoats

strothergoats New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Please becareful, this is exactly what happened with our donkey. She is a little taller than a mini, but would chase and try to bite also. This accident happened with us not aware, so was she chasing her and got her on the ground? we dont know, did she kick her and that is what broke her neck? we dont know. That is what I believe in my heart happened, she got spooked and kicked as she was running and bunnie was behind her when she kicked. Just please becareful with your goats and donkeys, i dont think this behavior is good either way.