The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been taking the boys far...just down my neighbor's property behind our house. We did add another 4 legged to our hiking pack... Don't know if we'll take him packing in the future but it sure was fun taking him...after he stopped spitting at me. :mrgreen:

Attachments

· Premium Member
435 Posts
That's a funny looking packgoat. Looks like its got a skirt on. It is probably good for it to get exercise but the spitting will really have to stop. I've always wondered why they don't pack, their cousins do but they spit to.

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cody is 1.5 years old and Sawyer 6 months. I don't know if Sawyer will get big enough to carry much weights. The alpaca, Kusko is about 125...very small for a male. He is 4 years old and this was his first hike ever. He did relatively well for his first. He was not coordinated and kept stepping off the trail and tripping at the beginning. After he had calmed down, he followed me all the way. We rested for a long time and he was even starting to munch on plants. He got excited on our way back and got in front of me and spitted at me and the goats. After I took 'control' and got in front of him again, he just followed. Must not been too upset since he took treats when we got back to the barn. I think llamas are friendlier and because they are so much bigger and can carry more, they are preferred. I got him under special circumstances. He lived with pygmy most of his life. Not sure if he likes mine but they get along fine...mostly spit at them when the goats are too aggressive at feeding time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.