Pack Boys at play.

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by TDG-Farms, Jan 18, 2013.

1. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    I finally got myself a digital camcorder and will be using it ALL the time :) Here is a video I shot today of Legion, Darius (Fred) and Fun Boy and Justice. Every day or so I let the boys outta their separate pens to play and have fun :)

Dont mind the mess :) We started our spring cleaning early and then 2 weeks of sub freezing temps, put that idea to a halt.
    [youtube:2umf7baw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpgZ1dCv2c4[/youtube:2umf7baw]

2. TDG-Farms

Jul 12, 2013
    A couple of short videos of Darius (Fred).
    [youtube:lcmd2h4r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJ9CerfzUg[/youtube:lcmd2h4r]

[youtube:lcmd2h4r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OeTtUDWR6Q[/youtube:lcmd2h4r]

3. feederseaters

feederseaters Senior Member

Nov 8, 2009
    FUN! Thanks for posting!

4. imported_ashley

imported_ashley New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    That is a great looking group of goats!!!! How much would you guess them to weigh? I noticed that stripe on Legion's horn....weird! Is that normal for your bloodlines? It adds character!

5. TDG-Farms

Jul 12, 2013
    Ill have to weight tape em tomorrow but Id have to guess Legion is around 125 if not a bit more. As for that mark, its not a mark at all but a split in the horns growth. He got it when we castrated him. He was 5 months old and was pretty bucky when he was done. He swelled up and was in a bit of pain longer then normal, almost 3 weeks if I remember right. His didnt eat but half as much as normal during that time and as best I can figure, that was enough for it to do that to his horns. The other boys were back to their old selves within a week and didnt get the horn thing.

But speaking of neat horn colors, we are staring to get kids with bi color horns. Where the color is split right down the center of the horn. Dark on one side and light on the other. I got a skull of a 4 mounth old buck kids we butchered a couple of years ago that one of his horns were bi colored. ill try to get a pic of and post it.

6. TDG-Farms

Jul 12, 2013
    On a side note, lol it sounds like im a one of those prank heavy phone breather :) Ah such is the life of someone allergies :) Im allergic to both hay and straw... go figure lol.

7. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Maybe you should remove the audio from your clip and replace it with some fun Salsa music. :)

8. TDG-Farms

Jul 12, 2013
    Was a bit off on my weight est. of Legion. He is still 31 1/2 inches at the shoulder but he weight taped in at 145 lbs. Guess ill have to advance his pack training a bit. :)