The Goat Spot Forum banner

Pack Goat Prospects for sale!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SMaxwell 
#1 ·
I'm gonna eventually put these guys on Craigslist but I'd much rather sell them to goat packers if I can! All the kids are being fed by the dams but all are very very friendly and have been socialized & played with every day since they were born. They have horns (except Rosco). These guys should make Awesome Packgoats!

I am located in SW Colorado, but make frequent trips to CO Springs & could deliver goats there. I wont be able to let the kids go until they are weaned, which should be in about 8 weeks, give or take due to different birthdays. Any questions, just ask! Thanks!
Scott

The white kid, Chewy, is 3/4 Alpine 1/4 Saanen, even though he looks Saanen.
[attachment=4:1lpnbbhx]Chewy.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx]
Floppy Joe, the mocha or fawn colored buckling is 3/4 Alpine, 1/4 Kiko.[attachment=7:1lpnbbhx]Floppy1.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx][attachment=6:1lpnbbhx]Floppy2.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx]
The two tri-color goats are also 3/4 Alpine 1/4 Kiko and are out of my best milking Alpine Doe. The Lucy is a doeling and Snoopy is the buckling. [attachment=5:1lpnbbhx]Lucy1.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx][attachment=3:1lpnbbhx]Snoopy.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx][attachment=2:1lpnbbhx]Snoopy _ Lucy.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx]
Asking $65 ea for the kids.

I am also selling a one year old buck, Rosco, (who is intact.) He is a naturally polled (hornless) pure bred (not registered) Alpine. He's been on a few hikes with us and does fine and would make a good packer if you have him fixed by the vet, asking $165 for him. He is good with people but was not socialized a whole lot, so he's not real affectionate but is very gentle. I'm selling him more as a breeding buck since I figure some people might like the naturally hornless trait, which he is likely to pass on to his kids.
[attachment=1:1lpnbbhx]Rosco.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx]

I also have an purebred Alpine does, first freshener who is in milk if anyone is interested, that is Wilma, asking $165 for her.
[attachment=0:1lpnbbhx]Wilma.jpg[/attachment:1lpnbbhx]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I LOVE the name "Floppy Joe"!!! I like how Snoopy looks like he's already wearing a collar. :D

Our Lilly is polled too, which I think is kinda cool. But I read somewhere that it's unwise to breed polled to polled because the polled goats' genetics are linked to hermaphroditism. I'd like to know if anyone else has heard/experienced this?

#3 ·
Nanno said:
I LOVE the name "Floppy Joe"!!! I like how Snoopy looks like he's already wearing a collar. :D

Our Lilly is polled too, which I think is kinda cool. But I read somewhere that it's unwise to breed polled to polled because the polled goats' genetics are linked to hermaphroditism. I'd like to know if anyone else has heard/experienced this?
Floppy Joe has one Alpine ear & one Kiko ear that flops, thus, Floppy Joe! I never even thought about the collar thing on Snoopy (I see it now!), just that he looked like a little beagle dog to me & his sister looked like a Lucy. I hate to sell any of the kid's because I think they'd all be great, but alas, my wife is really harping on the TMG condition. I have also heard that a polled goat + a polled goat = hermaphrodite.

I will be heading down towards CO Springs soon, how many you want me to bring you?

Aren't you guys expecting kids soon?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.