pale eyelids?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by cdtrum, Jun 26, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My two yearlings eyelids are a bit pale....they are pink but pale, I just did fecals and had vet double check and they were clean......we are having a bad heat wave right now......If they are not drinking enough, could that be the cause? I gave them some pedilyte today.....I even drenched them with it and then put some out mixed in their water. They are on good loose minerals and I do see them eat them every day. They are acting fine except during the heat of the day they pretty much are just laying around until dusk.
    any suggestions?
    Thanks, Denise

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Their lids may just be pale naturally. If the fecals are clean and they are doin ok then I wouldnt worry a whole lot. That color chart thing dosent seem to work that well :shrug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    goats can go from dark to a little lighter as they go through the day. I wouldnt be worried at all.

Laying around during the heat of the day is natural -nothing to worry about

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Binky is my only doe that has "paler" lids than the rest...all others are nice and pink, Bink's varies with the time of day as well, pink in the morning and pale in the evening, this after clear fecal too.