The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 month old doeling has pale pink eyelids.
She is peeing and pooping normal.
She is acting a little off. She usually runs to greet me but hasn't for the past few days. She waits in the barn for me to come to her. She is not as active.

I have been treating her monthly with Sulmet to prevent cocci but she isn't due again for that until next week.
I have also been treating her with Ivermec paste and today is the day for her 3rd dose.

My question is should I give her the 3rd dose of ivermec paste or assume it's not working and try to find Valbazen?
Also, should I start her preventative Sulmet a week early?

I don't have a vet that will do fecal right now.

I gave her vit B paste and probiotics Sunday. Should she get a Vit B shot?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What else should I do for possible anemia besides Vit B?

·
Super Moderator
58,901 Posts
What dose of Ivomec and Sulmet are you giving her? I would take her temp. You can always give Probios and B Complex. Red Cell can be used for anemia.

B Complex shots absorb much better than paste. When it has to go through the stomach, it never gets absorbed as well.

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1/4 cc of ivomec paste (although I think I accidentally gave more last time which was 2nd dose). 10 days ago
Sulmet she got 4cc day one and 2 cc days 2-5. That was 3 weeks ago.
Her temp is 102.9

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
since you can not get a fecal done I would treat with valbazen 3 times ten days apart then once more in 30 days...with her already being anemic..the paste you are using is missng something..valbazen covers a large number of different worms..I would give red cell orally and B 12 shots..it take quite a while for her to rebuild her red blood cells..do red cell for a few days to a week then once a week until you see color...
offer alfalfa and other iron rich feeds to help her along..
Sulmet should have done some good on the cocci...if its still an issue might try dimethox or order baycox...
temp is good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts