palin

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by AlaskaBoers, Sep 3, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Have you heard that palin was McCains VP pick? She is from Wasilla, right down the road from where we live!!! her daughter used to play hockey on the same team as I. Go Sarah :clap: ! its neat to have a woman Vp pick even if she doesnt win.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was thinking of you when I heard. She is suppose to speak tonight at the Republican Nation Convention.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She actually attended school here where I work - so we are hearing alot about it - for sure!

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she speaks at 10:35pm eastern time

it is cool to hear about how a canidate is human you know?

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    It's so irritating watching some of these "womens libers" try to degrade an obviously fine woman. I didn't really expect McCain to pick someone I could identify with (Lieberman), I was pleasantly surprised.

I for one will be "routing" for them. And voting for them also.

God bless America.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was very pleased with his pick. THey can try to degrade her all they want, but what does that do? I think they are just mad that they didnt get to be the one to have a woman as a nominee

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ,,,that is sure something......................It's a small world after all..................... :shades:

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    im watching it right now. ok i gotta go!!!!! :cool: im not a republican or a dem. im independant, but i do hope she does good.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    That was one of the best speeches I've ever heard! She is great! Take that libs!

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I will say that I was a little worried about him picking a female because no one really new her, but after listening to her last night (YOU GO GIRL). Heck I would vote for her for President. I tell you she really put the Media and the Democrats in their place. :clap: :clap:

My husband is taking about 13 kids to the Inauguration in January so no matter who makes it in office it will be history that is for sure. I just wish I could go. :?

11. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I don't have much faith in the whole President campaign thing. Most of them end up making promises they dont keep-or can't keep. And I worry to that are the people who are running for first Black persident and first Female VP just ruinning to be the first? Or are they really qualified for the job. It will be kind of cool one day to finally have a woman and black person as President and VP. It also aggravates me when the people in office vote one way only to turn around and disagree with the vote they made. I say one you make a decision, stick with it;). I just wish we could get someone in office who could help the economy turn in the right direction.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I totaly agree -- my dad says to listen to nothing they say now, but look to their record and what they actually have DONE. "actions speak louder then words"

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow staceyroop well put...................your dad is very knowledgeable..........That's good to remember...................thanks for bringing it up.............. :thumbup: :hi5:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have always believed my dad to be a smart man --- I will let him know you think so too :cool:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    OK sounds perfect to me stacey.................... :)

16. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I understand your angst Brianna, it's very frustrating when polititians don't "get" the "will of the people" thing. I know first hand, living in PA. But, McCain is right when he says the "people" are frustrated with Republicans for too much spending. They are supposted to be the ones who are keeping a lid on that.

But remember, we know Obama will raise taxes, because he said he would. Don't think you will be exempt from that. Business does not pay taxes...taxes are a cost of doing business...and they pass those increases right on to us. High taxes stifle business growth, so goodbye job growth (bad for those of us who need a job).

The government actually collects MORE MONEY when taxes are low...when taxes are high taxpayers invest in ways that defer their taxes. So, less money to the government.

Did you ever wonder why folks like the Kennedy's the really rich old money people are always for higher taxes on wages? Its because we don't really tax "old" money. So, the "idle rich" will always be that "idle rich". But, unless you are a Bill Gates they will "get you" with things like the "alternative minimum tax" or the "death tax".

What we need is to junk the whole income tax system and go to a Federal sales tax. It will probably hurt at first, but at least the drug dealers, and uber rich will pay taxes! JMO

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh boy politics................. :cry: :worried: :tears: :GAAH:

18. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :GAAH: HA! HA! No more from me! Sorry, I'm a political junkie, I like it almost as much as my goats! :type:

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that's OK Di .....................just my opinion on politics.............................. we still like hearing from you anyway............ :greengrin:

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Amen Di!! :cool: lol I like to talk politics, but I can sometimes get out of hand so I try to keep it cool :)

I think Palin was a great choice for John McCain, just seeing the things she has done for Alaska, oh my how wonderful. What I like about her is that she doesn't seem to be above you, she seems to be the person that is still at your level, she isn't condescending. My dad said that back in the '80 election, the democratic VP nomination was a women, Geraldine(I don't remember her last name) he said she was just another rich person who was condescending saying that she was 'just like everybody else' yeah, right :roll:

I've stayed up the past two nights to watch the convention, its been really great so far. Did anybody watch during Guliani's speech, when he started talking about drilling for oil, everybody in the crowd started yelling "drill baby drill!!" I started laughing so hard :ROFL:

ok enough from me :shades: