The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pandora was bred, and we think she took. Still kind of hard to tell with her, she has a bit of a belly, kind of looks like she is starting to get a little looser in the udder, but not real sure. She never came back in heat...

She's due 2/20 - 10 weeks and 2 days from yesterday when I took the photo.

This photo is from 11/27 - 2 weeks ago. She's a pretty & sweet girl. Excited to get babies from her as she's the first doe we've kept from Snow White. So her babies will be 75% Boer <doelings that is>.

Caramel was an oops breeding, and I hope if she is bred that all goes well. She is due on her 1st birthday 2/18.
She looks loose in the hind end, but hard to tell otherwise right now.

Caramel is a brat, I adore her though :) She's usually my shadow when I go out into the pen, so normally hard to get pictures of her. You'd think she was trained to 'heel' like a dog with the exception of the sitting part :lol:

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You both!! We're excited about these youngsters.
Caramel is by a beautiful 100% red/white spotted Boer Buck, and her dam is a gold/black spotted/dappled Nubian. She is registered 50% Boer, so whatever she has will be 75% boer. Praying for at least one doeling, but I never get my hopes up!!

Pandy does look bred to me, not sure on Caramel. :) Such pretty girls! I have a big yearling doe due 2/28 and she looks identical to Pandy in the rear. I know she's bred as we did a blood test.
Thanks, that's comforting! I've been guessing she is bred, but it's been so hard to tell with her. We're very excited to get Snow White 'Grandbabies.' Pandy is such a nice doe. It'll be fun if she can carry any color into the breeding, but with the buck being traditional, I try not to get too excited - about Caramel either. But at least Caramel has color genetics on both side.

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! It will be fun to see what they have. I love the kiko/boer cross and nubian/boer cross.

They are all bred to a young buck we purchased for the breeding season <we had to sell him/no place to put him after all the girls showed they were bred>.
My son named him Locked and Loaded.
I have better pics, but for some reason I can't find them on line, but here's one when we brought him home <not bad for being on pasture only>.

His pedigree, sorry I don't have his reg # in front of me, but this is on the kids website:

This is Caramel's sire

Edited to add: Caramel's sire is from Max Boer Goats, who produce for color, so praying for some interesting kids from her!

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought I'd update....

During feeding time tonight, I felt their bellies and felt good kicks from their babies!
Caramel is developing an udder, I noticed it about a week ago, it's small, but it's there ;)

Pandora has a much bigger udder already, an good handful developing!
I have her as being due 2/20, but the buck did breed her on 9/04 that would put her at 2/01 --- however she wasn't in heat, and did come in heat on 9/23. Surely she didn't take on that first one since she came back in heat. Never had that happen before, but we did put her in with the herd at the very end of the 9/04 heat cycle.

I'll try to get some pictures when the weather is decent again. Can't wait to see what the girls have, and praying they will both be good mama's. Caramel IMO just wasn't ready to be bred yet, she's too immature mentally, but she should be okay.
Pandora basically raised Peanut - mothered her from the time Peanut was 2 days old <Pandy was about 4 months old at the time>, so I think she'll be fine.
If I could have done it, we would have waited until they were almost 2yo to be bred, not young yearlings.

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Getting closer :)

Caramel is due on 2/18, she's getting a nice little udder going, and starting to get much wider.

Pandora due 2/20, she's got a nice little udder going, she's also been losing some of her mucus plug the past couple of days.

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The girls are due in 16 & 18 days. They don't look a whole lot different bodywise from the pics above. Pandora's rear end has changed a lot, and she's getting more sunken around her tailhead. Her udder is nice, I think it will fill really nice for a young first timer ;)
She's had a lot of goo lately.

Caramel is looking good too, I haven't seen as much goo or loosening with her as I have with Pandora.

Both girls babies are active, I check for movement usually every evening after they eat their dinner. They are stalled at night and have gotten adjusted to having their own space.

Anyway, just thought I'd update. I'm excited about these two, but worried at the same time. Caramel is so young I hope that mother instinct kicks in! I think Pandora will be a good mama, she has mothered Peanut since she was 2 days old <and she's 9mo now>. Of course poor Peanut won't have her buddies when they kid, but hopefully after a week or so she'll be able to be with her buddies again depending on how they do with their babies/how she acts around their babies.

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well since it's after midnight <lol> we are 9 days away from Caramel's due date, and 11 days from Pandora's.
My daughter and I are guessing Pandy 'might' go first, but it'll be fun to see if Caramel proves us wrong.

Caramel is getting a bigger udder, loosening on the hind end. Her ligs are still pretty firm. She acts like everyone is going to kill her if they get near her, but seems to like me, especially if I am giving her massages lol

This pic is from 2-03

This one shows her udder, for some reason I am lacking in decent pics of the girls!

Pandy is looking closer IMO. She's had a LOT of discharge. Today she had a lot of gooey yellowish plug coming out. Her ligs are very very low, and she's starting to look very sunken in.

She was sick for a few days this week, she just didn't seem to feel good, and didn't want to eat. Nursed her along, and she's eating normally again, and back to her self. She won't hang around the big goats though, she stays off to herself unless she is with her 2 buddies. She just doesn't want to get picked on.

Taken 2-03

2-06

I'm hoping to get some updated pics of them tomorrow, it's always fun to compare the changes, especially in udders of first timers.

The next week and a half is going to be a long wait lol

· Colorful Quality Boers
6,458 Posts
Thanks for the update and pictures! I can't wait to see what they give you!!! I say twins on Pandy and 1 on Caramel. With Caramel's udder size though she could have two.

I still have 19 days to wait on my first timer! These two are bred to a traditional buck, right? So is my paint doe who is due this month, so it will be fun to see who gives color!

· Registered
12,823 Posts
They are gorgeous Candice ! Cant wait to see their babies , their colors are stunning !
It's so exciting to anticipate what the babies will look like :) If they were mine , I would be over the top excited to see these babies !

Not to take away from these two lovely ladies , but how is Miss Snow White and her charges ?

15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks :) We're getting very excited for sure! Caramel is due a week from today! She's starting to get a sunken look around her tailhead just in the last couple of days and ligs are starting to loosen a tiny bit.

Pandy is still the same, her ligs are very very low, looking sunken everywhere.

It's very cold this morning 2 whopping degrees, YUCK! It's supposed to improve in the next week. I'm praying it does, as I really don't want to be delivering babies in bitter cold!

I haven't checked them this morning, I'll go out later when everyone starts moving around outside, no point getting them out of their comfy spots in this cold. Pandy and Caramel are in their stalls, so I know they are fine ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.