The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought Tulip up to the milk stand to trim her feet, and she was a booger. She would kick and such. She started breathing heavier during it. When we ended the session, she went back to the pasture and was still panting off and on. Acting fairly normal otherwise. I brought ruby up for her trim, and when I took her back down, tulip was still occasionally panting.

Is that just her stressing out? She had a drink of water when she got back down there, and was otherwise a normal Tulip.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Considering our weather the last several days, it could be more than just stress. It could be the beginnings of pneumonia. Keep a close eye on her and if she starts showing signs of going off feed, coughing, or just not feeling good hit her with Nuflor, Baytril, or Draxxin.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Husband says she was climbing on the fence when he went to feed tonight, and he never noticed her panting or acting up. She wasn't like that prior to putting her on the milk stand, so I am going to have to chalk it up to her being stressed.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Hey, that works for me! :cool: I've got a couple I'm watching like a hawk after that storm. Nothing I can put a finger on - eating good, bright eyed and bushy tailed, just a feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts