Parasite Egg identification

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by MadHouse, Aug 3, 2020.

1. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Looks like a lot of air bubbles and debris to me. I new at this myself but I have not had a decal that clean myself. As Moers Kiko said make sure your fecal solution is working.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. Michaela Van Mecl

Michaela Van Mecl Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    I bought a hydrometer and checked the specific gravity of my solution; right on track!

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.

3. Michaela Van Mecl

Michaela Van Mecl Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks ! I always pull fresh samples and process within 30 minutes. The specific gravity was exactly 1.2 after measuring with the hydrometer.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  4. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Only thing I would add is the "verification" by a vet likely won't have numbers too similar to yours as goats drop the eggs at different times, every sample should have something different. Don't be discouraged even if you are off by 50 or 100 EPG, it doesn't mean you did it wrong, it's just a variation of eggs.

Now if you have 0 and the vet has found lots of eggs that is a different story!

MadHouse likes this.
  5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Well all I see is digested food particles & air bubbles. So a clean spot on your fecal. Looks good...hope the rest of it is that clean !

MadHouse likes this.
  6. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    If your using the McMaster chambered slide you may not can do a 40x because of thickness of slide??

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm likes this.
  7. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

I have the same problem as you, @TCOLVIN , When I switch to the 40x objective, I cannot go close enough, it always touches the slide before the image gets clear. And that is for regular slides and McMaster slides. The first time I trid I cracked the slide cover.
    Yes, it has the adjustable knob, that’s what I use all the time.