The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
I always keep in mind a due date is an estimate not a promise lol. Give her time. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All my does so far always kid on there due dates lol. I would not be concerned tho. I have to ask. How do YOU induce?
Depending on the situation I give both Lutalyse (or Estrumate) and Dex. I don't currently have my dosage book with me otherwise I would state the dosage amount I use. 12 hours after the shots the doe kids, I helped a lot this pass kidding season when I had a few does go down with pregnancy toxemia.

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,671 Posts
Depending on the situation I give both Lutalyse (or Estrumate) and Dex. I don't currently have my dosage book with me otherwise I would state the dosage amount I use. 12 hours after the shots the doe kids, I helped a lot this pass kidding season when I had a few does go down with pregnancy toxemia.
Oh, ok

·
Registered
560 Posts
My doe I bred on 11/26/2020 should have kidded this Sunday, however she is keeping her kid(s) captive. She is bred, confirmed ultrasound and she has developed an udder. Should I be concerned any? If I need to induce her I know how.

Thanks in advance!
Don’t worry. I have a doe right now who is at least a week past her due date, so I understand how stressful it is. Goats kid when they feel comfortable, when the weather is right, and when they are ready. I wouldn’t worry about your goats date, but instead, I would pay attention to her health more. If you would like to induce her into labor, I know a natural way that worked for me. All you need to do is milk her just a little bit, and then she should go into labor within a few days. Hope this helps, and I hope she kids well for you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.