Past-times and Hobbies thread...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by mystic's_mom, Nov 25, 2007.

1. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    Alright guys what do you all do to pass your time...besides your goaties, that is?? Lol!!! What are your hobbies? Feel free to share them here in this thread...

Well, in my 'free time'...if there really is such a thing as "free" time...Lol! I enjoy drawing...er...doodling, as I prefer to call it now a days, as I am not nearly as 'practiced' as I used to be, when I did seem to have more 'time on my hands' for this kind of stuff...haha...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also love photography...I just got a new camera this fall a Canon Rebel XT, which I am still having fun fiddling around with; I can't wait until I really figure it out, so I can get some even better photos with it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love to write...poetry, short stories...etc...you can probably see the evidence of my 'writing skills' in some of my threads; namely Jade's recent thread, and Faith's thread...I loved Journalism in High School...Lol. I also love to read...I guess that would go hand in hand with writing huh? Lol!

I also consider my love of Youth Ministry one of my favorite "past times" because every chance I get, I want to be with them; 'job related' or not...I just love being with youth...Geuss that's when you know you have chosen the right profession...course, I wish I had more time to spend with the kids, there's just not enough time in the day\week...:(
    [​IMG]

Some of my other favorite past times are watching CSI (the original), hiking, playing with my dogs, and playing practical jokes...especially scaring people...I know, I'm a terrible person...Lol!

Goataddict likes this.
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh this will be a great thread.

My past times are:

Interpretive Dance
    Reading
    Shopping
    watching TV
    sitting outside reading a book (during warm weather)
    Scrapbooking - with all the pictures I take
    spending time with my cousin Liz
    Family time (watching a movie, playing a game)

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Lets see..........I love to read-although I haven't been in the reading mood lately. I also like to show my goats. And I love to listen to music and spend time outside enjoying the sunny days. And I love to listen to music-mainly country and some soft rock. This time of year I love listening to Christmas music:).

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    My past times are my goats, hunting, or just shooting my bow, studying about goats, and reading this forum.

5. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I like reading,taking pictures,sports,anything fun/random with friends,listening to music,4-H with my horse,being around animals,I actually like to clean the barn,riding 4-wheelers ( when I had one), shopping,but we only go a few times a year. I like just about anything really. :) Also camping,and going for walks.I love going to the beach.Many,many things. lol

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I like riding 4-wheelers =) with my poodle Tyson (it is his favoritest thing in th world! So I have to ride one handed...) My goats! Going to shows, being on the Goat Spot lol, Doing my Website, TAKING PITURES! Drawing, ANYTHING crafty lol, Shopping, KIDDING SEASON! I love animals. Training my Poodle. Talking about goats =) hmmm LOTS lots more...

7. creaturesall

creaturesall Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    I like to wood carve in the folk art style. Here's a Nativity Scene I just completed.
    [​IMG]

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Your really good Creaturesall!

9. creaturesall

creaturesall Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    Thanks MuddyCreek... I enjoy carving them. Here's a few more.

This is a Cowboy I ended up selling to a lady from Texas.
    [​IMG]

This is a carving of a wood carver.
    [​IMG]

Duck decoy
    [​IMG]

I carved these ducks using old golf club drivers as the body
    and then just carving and attaching the heads.
    [​IMG]

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow those are great!
    In my pastime, I like to read, knit, make jewelry(like wire and macrame) also ride our ATV, walk around outside, target shoot, hang out with the goats, and other relaxing things :D

11. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I used to love to read, but school makes it not fun anymore with reading logs ( we have to write summarys four times a week and are forced to read a specific time each week ).

Right now I love studing the Bible, walkig around the woods, I'm going to get a license for hunting soon!, I love hanging out with friends, listening to music, and hanging out with my animals.

12. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Wow, you sure are crafty folks-if I tried to carve wood-i'd probably carve my finger instead:(.

13. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    Creaturesall, those are really cool carvings...I love that decoy duck!!! :D

14. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    doing all the work myself i don't have alot of spare time but when i do i really enjoy sitting on my front porch watching the goats out in the pasture.

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh Fritzie don't we all enjoy that? :D goats are so relaxing 8)

16. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I REALLY like this thread! Let's see............I like to sketch, read, spend time with my animals, take photographs, work on PhotoFiltre, be on here LOL, play flute, piccolo, and guitar (and about any other instrument I can get my hands on!), and show my animals! I may add to this later. Sorry that I don't have any examples of my sketches, but my idiotic scanner refuses to work! :x

17. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    That's okay...my scanner disappointed me by not scanning as well as I thought it would...it's a new printer that we have in our living room...I had to do lots of mods on the drawings I posted; the first one IS actually colored, but I had to change it to black and white for it to actually show up decently off the scan...Lol!!! Gotta love technology sometimes!!! :roll: :lol:

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Here, I just took some pictures of a couple but they look pretty bad because of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Crissa you are really good!

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! :oops: I wish I had a copy of my best one that I ever did though. It was so cool, but I gave it to my grandpa for his birthday, got it framed and everything. My mom had asked me to do one so I did it the night before and it was the best I ever did. I didn't even have any outlines on it.