Pasture is FINISHED! Goats & Mini Donkey moved in! Pics!!!!!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HollowbeadRanch, Jun 10, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    We got EVERYTHING finished :cool: I moved the goats and my Donkey yesterday and have the all settled in! Everything is going wonderful! Raggedy Ann (mini donkey) has really taken up with the goats! [dance1] Anytime my dog gets near the fence she herds the goats away from the fence and then goes back to the fence herself to stare at the dog! It is SO cute! [wub] We have 3 more pastures we are wanting to complete... but this was the big one! 7 acres and we had to put up 2,200 feet of fencing :help: I got a few pics this morning of everything, and will try to get some pics of the other pastures we are planning on fencing in!

Now for the animals! Right now I have 7 Does all of which range in age from a little over a year old to three years old. 6 unregistered and 1 registered (I am planning on adding some more registered Does as soon as possible... AND a registered Buck!). And then my Mini Donkey! I plan on getting another one to go with her sometime this Summer/Fall... hopefully a black one or another spotted one.

Ok... and now for what you all have been waiting for (I am long winded.. I know [blush2] ).... Here are the pics!

pic taken from the front gate.
    [​IMG]

looking towards the side of the pasture.
    [​IMG]

looking towards the front of the pasture from the back corner.
    [​IMG]

Goatie pics!!!!!

Playing on the goat hutch (temporary shelter until we get the others built)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"I see BUCKSKINS!" lol
    [​IMG]

And here is Raggedy Ann my spotted miniature donkey! She is still a baby (and will probably remain one in my eyes :roll: ), so she still has all of her baby fluff! We are thinking about shaving her down some so she will be a little cooler this summer. We can't decide if she is goated to be gray and white spotted or red and white spotted... :shrug: Her Dam was red... so I am REALLY hoping she will be as well :greengrin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She was having so much fun rolling in the dirt!
    [​IMG]

And here she is taking care of the goats
    [​IMG]

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW it looks beautiful. I love the fencing that you have.

That picture of Raggedy Ann rolling, she looks like she is just resting on her back like a dog. That picture is great.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats Brandi! thats quite the accomplishment.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Wow...i bet your goats love you for it..including raggedy ann!

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Cool! Love the donkey! :greengrin: They are all very pretty!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Those are awesome Brandi - now you are making me want a mini donkey!!! LOL!

So when am I moving in with you and bringing my animals???? :shrug: :pray: :shrug: :pray:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great job!
    Your girls look very happy too....awwww baby donkey rolling is adorable :love:

8. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    WOW Beautiful!! I hope so someday have a pasture like that for my critters! Beautiful animals too!

9. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks everyone!!! I am THRILLED to finally have that pasture finished! And SO HAPPY to be able to just walk out the front door and play with the goats! :leap: If their bellies are any indication then I would say they are enjoying :ROFL: Right now they are having to waddle to get where ever they want to go! So far they have ventured out far away from the hutch, but I am hoping they will start moving on out into the pasture as they adjust :wink:

Allison- How many times have I told you to move your rear down here? huh? :wink:

10. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I love that donkey!!! :drool: The pasture looks great! :horse:

11. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Love the buckskins.......I have 3 myself! Love the donkey.....we are wanting to get one or two, but have to fence more pasture before we can get them.......love your roomy pasture!

12. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you both! She is WONDERFUL! :greengrin: If you get one to go in with your goats be sure to get one that is just weaning age and slowly introduce her into your herd. Worked like a charm for me :wink:

13. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Raggedy Ann looks lik she wants to have her belly scratched in that picture! She is so precious! :angel2: Pardon an old Boer breeder for his stupidity, but what breed of goats are those?

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    nigerian dwarf. a dwarf breed from Nigeria. :) lol.

there a mini dairy goat...and pretty ones at that :)

15. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you both! :greengrin:

Katrina is right. They are Nigerian Dwarfs and the color pattern on these girls is called Buckskin :greengrin: . I have some info on them on my website http://www.hollowbeadranch.com/miniaturegoatinfo.htm I also have some info on there about Pygmys (used to breed them as well... but I am focusing strictly on the Nigerians this go around :wink: ).

I used to breed registered and unregistered Boers... but since my Husband works out of state alot I was having to do everything myself, and some of those Bucks could push me around like I was a rag doll! So I switched to the minis :greengrin: They are much easier to handle all by my lonesome! :wink: AND there is a bigger market for the Minis around here. There are very few breeders in our area.

16. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations.

I just have to say, that the picture of your little donkey rolling around is absolutely adorable!!! I LOVE it!!! :love:

17. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks Ashley! I am REALLY tickled with her! She is doing great! :greengrin:

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Makes me want a donkey! That picture is priceless though. I love it!

19. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It looks so great Brandi!!! :cool: They all look so happy and your mini donk is absolutely darling!

20. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    What kind of shelter is that? That's really neat!