Pasturella vaccine

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, May 10, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Has any one experienced soreness in their goaties after giving the pasturella? I vaccinated about 15 goats today and over half are really sore at the injecction site, which is causeing lameness..... has anyone else experienced this?

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Noooo.... that's scary. Where did you administer it? Sub Q??? The kids I did this year didn't act off at all.... they were running and playing right afterward.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think the pasturella vaccine causes a bit more soreness. I cant say if any of mine went lame afterwords but I wouldnt think it out of the question. If they arent good in a couple days then I would start to worry.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I gave it sq in the right shoulder and lameness is in front right leg. Lameness is not in all of them but in about half and seems to be the younger ones? Could they just be being whiney?

Just thought about it too - I gave cdt in rt armpit also

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I know that when giving children vaccines the injection site is very tender so with the two vaccines it might just be extra tender to them

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    yep... if they got two shots in the shoulder and armpit they are probably just sore. I give mine in the neck and the hind leg...... Sometimes that hind leg will be sore after CD &T's.