The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have two Nigerian Dwarf wethers that we adopted in March. Both bottle babies..one about 2-4 weeks older than the other. Basically they are about 6 mos. old. They have lived in a lovely pen with plenty of feed and alfalfa hay and some play structures their entire time with us. We also have a nice fenced pasture where only two mini-donkeys and a deformed calf live.

I would love to let my babies (goats) out in the pasture but I am not sure how to go about that. I let them out a couple of times when I was around or with them and one time the jack donkey chased them around and pawed at them. The goats didn't seem to know he was being aggressive...but I read an awful story about a goat having its back snapped by an aggressive donkey.

Would appreciate any and all advice as to whether I could put them in the pasture and what the process would be or whether I should just let them live their lives in the pen.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I recently had to sell my 3 mini donkeys for that exact reason. The 2 Jenny's were super friendly with them until one had a baby. Once the baby got old enough he and the 2 Jenny started chasing my baby goats attempting to stomp them. And actually did stomp my mini dachshund dog. I put their butts on craigslist the next day. I wouldn't put the goats out with them if they behave like that. They may get away a few times but eventually they will get stomped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts