Patches is acting "off"???

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by myfainters, Nov 17, 2010.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Patches (my HUGELY prego doe carrying around 20 kids :p ) is acting strange. She was totally normal this morning but since this afternoon she has been constantly swishing her tail and is holding it down (she never does that) she also keeps nudging her belly and pushing her head against walls. She is not stargazing at all though. She is doing the lay down, standing up constantly....and is obviously uncomfortable. I gave her baking soda which she gobbled right up in case she is starting to bloat. (her belly is VERY tight and HUGE!!!!!!!)

Her ligs are tight as can be and she's not due for another 19 days at the EARLIEST?????

Do you think it could just be because the babies are moving around so much that it was bothering her?

Any other possibilities? She is still acting like that now and its been a few hours since she started. :chin:

P.S..... what side is normally bigger when they are bloating? I forgot.. :oops:

2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Bloating would be on the left side.....hope it is nothing but the kids bothering her.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Did you take her temp?

If you have any calcium I would give some of that.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a kid might be pushing on her pelvis causing her to feel that pressure

Hope its a fluke thing and she is back to normal quickly

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    No fever.... I just came back in from checking on her and she was the only goat NOT laying down.

I'm hoping it's just a kid putting pressure and making her uncomfortable. I'll give her some Calcium in the morning just in case.

It's weird because she's still perky... she talks back when I talk to her....walks up to me for attention and she would eat anything right now. She just seems to be having issues with her rear?

Maybe I'm just too much of a worry wart....ugh I hate when they make me worry like this! :GAAH:

As I recall... last year she did some weird things toward the end of her pregnancy too though. I remember thinking she was aborting her kids because she acted like she was in full labor the month before she kid. Hoping she's just messing with my head again! :scratch:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She could have a kid pressing on the sciatic nerve...When my girls are towards the end of their pregnancies, they seem to be even more uncomfortable..shifting weight from one hind leg to the other, up and down etc. Theres just not enough room for a belly full of food AND kids. Giving her the calcium won't hurt her even if it doesn't help. She'll be fine, just gearing up to pop out those babies.

7. Oh I really hope everything is ok! :pray: for ya! I'm sure it's the 20 kids she has in there! :wink:

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Thanks you guys.... just came back in from checking on her again and she came right up to me...tail is back up again and though she still seems a bit uncomfortable she doesn't look quite as bloated and her tummy isn't as tight. I'm thinking maybe all that baking soda helped? :whatgoat:

Thank goodness!!! I'll still check on her again before bed..... but so far so good. :p

9. melb1

melb1 New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Fingers crossed for you Jess

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how is she doing this am?

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hope... she is still doing OK... :hug:

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    If i had 20 kids in me i'd be pretty miserable too! poor girlie :/

13. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Hi you guys...she is doing much better this morning! :) Todd fed her some branches for breakfast and she happily gobbled up all of the leaves. I think she may have just had a bit of an upset tummy.... but all is back to normal now!!

I think she enjoys giving me a good scare. LOL :laugh:

However.... she has LOTS of discharge this morning..... looks normal though so probably just losing her plug. I can't wait to see these kids :drool: and I'm sure she can't wait to get them OUT. :ROFL:

Thanks for the help through my momentary panic. :doh:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats great to hear :hug:

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
  17. YAY!!! you gave ME a scare! I really want to see what she is hiding in there!

18. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great news Jess! :leap:
    Just think....babies in less than 3 weeks :clap: