Patience growing thin at day 148 - Ta Daaaaaaaa!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by BeeLady, Apr 29, 2009.

1. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

Well, Spice & Ginger had the perfect opportunity to kid the night before last when all the electricity was out all night and I'd not charged the flashlight. I was sure they would decide to kid by kerosene lamp, but it was not to be.

Now they are both at day 148 and I am beginning to get impatient.

Here is Ginger -- i don't know that her udder is as pretty as her sister's but it sure looks like it ready to have a few kids nursing on it.

So, I hope it is soon!

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: Patience growing thin at day 148

Babies soon!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I would say she has a bit more to go. I would say about 153. Sorry. :shrug:

4. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

Day 153! Wow -- well, at least if it is sooner than that I'll be happy! And at least my bedroom window is close enough to the barn so I can hear them from bed. Guess it could be worse. And the main thing is a healthy doe after delivery and one or more healthy kids.

5. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

:scratch: Here is Spice -- how long do you think before she'll kid?

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Her udder still needs filling but that can happen within a matter of hours. . .

7. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

That's what I like to hear -- a matter of hours! We'll I'll take what I can get, especially since I have no choice in the matter!
    :girl: :girl: :girl: :boy: :boy: (total : that would make me happy :dance: )

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

It can fill in hours, but mine bag up at least a day before they kid. I say at least a couple days...sorry.
    Either a niced size single or twins IMO.

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Any minute!?!? babies!!!

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

You'll know it is soon when the udder gets really tight and kind of "shiny" looking. . . One of my FF does this year had her udder going by 3 1/2 months along and steadily filled, but the day she kidded, it really filled and felt tight. Also, you'll feel the milk in their teats. . . you probably knew that already though. Are you checking their ligs often?

11. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

Yes, I am checking their ligs - Ginger's are deeper and mushier today. I am not familiar with what their udders will look like when they fill -- I thought they were filling already and to me GInger's teats seem strutted a bit --which is what I look for in a heifer or cow calving.

But I'm sure I'll see the difference when it happens. I appreciate the help!

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree with sweetgoats....her bag has more filling to do.... :wink:

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Anything??? :shrug:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

how are things?

15. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

Re: Patience growing thin at day 148 - Ta Daaaaa!

Spice kidded Saturday night at 8 pm. Two healthy, active does. Ginger looks like she'll deliver today. These babies are cute. Rainbow is named because my sister, who for the first time today held a goat, said "This goat has every color of the goat rainbow." I don't know if that's true, but Rainbow is the name. I think she has blue eyes. My sister volunteered that she did, confirming my thoughts.

Anyways, if anyone can tell me what color they are or any "type," I'd appreciate it.

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :love: wow! rainbow- thats funny!...congrats :party:

17. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Congrats!! I *believe* Rainbow is a light buckskin w/ white and the other 1 is gold and white. I think...

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Rowdy kidz you are right on the colors! As far as the BE go, I can't tell.....does either sire or dam have BE?

Congrats on twin :girl: :girl: ....awesome and just adorable!

19. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Congrats on the girls! :leap:

I dont think either have blue eyes- when they are born sometimes they are pale blue and greenish color but they usually change

I love Rainbow- very pretty-
    You should name the other one Skittles :greengrin:

20. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

I don't know about the blue eyes in the sire - I wouldn't know for sure but either way they are very cute.

I'm surprised about the buckskin because of all the black, and some white. I'm sure the coloring will change as well -- I thought it had more black than any color but that's why I asked because I don't know what the real "names" are for the colors I'm looking at.