Peaches lost her "plug"

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Di, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I saw Peaches with a glob of white goop yesterday...looked like her mucus plug...but I wasn't expecting her to be due until June! How long do your does go before birthing after they've lost their "plug"? :shocked:

2. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Honestly, I have never had a doe loose her plug. And my does have never had a discharge before they've kidded. But mine are odd... :shrug:

3. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

Spice has had a white discharge on & off for several weeks, but she appears healthy otherwise. She is at day 148. So I think it is possible for you to see a discharge prior to the kidding date.

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    OH good, thanks. I really wish I'd waited till next year with these does. They were 10 months old, though, and good sized. So, I think it'll be fine. :worried: But, I'll be happier when birthings over, and I have healthy kids!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Angie lost hers at day 120

then she had discharge all teh way up till she started to push but never streamed. :shrug:

6. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    My doe Daisy started loosing her plug 3 weeks before she had her kids.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree ......they do lose their plugs early.......she should be fine.. :hug:

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Yeh, she seems good for now, no more discharge and her ligs are hard as rocks. Oh good, I'm trying to stop over-reacting everytime I see something new. :scratch:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Don't worry ....your not over reacting ...we all have been there ...and still go through it....the goats can really throw us off....and drive us batty sometimes.... :wink: