Peanuts

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dragonfly farms, Oct 26, 2008.

1. dragonfly farms

dragonfly farms New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    Raw or Roasted?

Mine currently love roasted, but i was wondering if Raw was okay. The feed store sells a 50lb bag of only Raw, and that would be sooo much nicer than the 5lb bags of roasted.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup they like them just fine. I have had goats turn their nose up at them and others who would nock me down for them :shrug:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Either way....mine do prefer the salted in shell roasted ones though...talk about getting knocked over! I end up throwing a bunch in the grass before I even get to the pans :ROFL:

4. Candy

Candy New Member

Mine insist that they be roasted. I don't get the salted ones---it makes me feel like I have some control over them. :ROFL:
    Candy :sun:

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, I should try giving this to my goaties! They'd probably knock me over for it! :D

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Never heard of that - I will have to look into it and see if they like them. Mine go bonkers for peppermint horse treats!

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Allison,

Ours go bonkers for peppermint horse treats too!

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Mine go bonkers over EVERYTHING. If they think it is a treat, they will get it from you no matter what.

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I have a friend that keeps a large garbage can of peanuts in the shell in her barn. i stuff my pockets full when i go over there. they go nuts for the. My goats favorite treat seems to be corn husk. its funny to watch them eat it too.
    beth