The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
FunnyNudders
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be day 150 since we put her with Marlin. She is showing a slight discharge today but her udder is not tight yet like last year just before she kidded. This is her second time! =]

Attachments

·
Emma Rose
249 Posts
So exciting! What does Marlin look like?

·
FunnyNudders
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, he belongs to a friend. He is a black Nubian with white spotted ears and muzzle. I think I forgot to take a picture but will look and see if I have one!=]

·
FunnyNudders
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I think she will have two or three to so you just might be right..time will tell. Today all the goats are happy munching grass. They are not to worried about babies right now like I am lol!=]

·
FunnyNudders
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Violet, is also about a week away from her due date. This goat had a major accident when she was 7 weeks old. She got her head stuck under a fence and a very large horse pawed her head several times. Here are some pic's of her recovery. I thank the care of Country Vet in Farmington Ar. Dr. Tim O neall and Ang from Dainty Doe farms for all there amazing help. This will be a huge mile stone for her to have this baby. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Attachments

·
FunnyNudders
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is Bubbles and she is due any day now. She is the mother of Lily and Violet the two goats above. She is also the mother of Pearl from the very top of this post. She is a bit on the wild side but is very sweet and will come to you with cookies of course. When you can catch her she handles very well and respectfully. She is also great in the milk stand and will load herself.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Pearl looks like she has a little bit to go to fill out that udder.

Violet, poor thing. I say she has at least three weeks. She does not look very close at all. Her Udder has a lot more to go.

Beautiful goats, and what is the green stuff?

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I missed Bubbles. OOPS she is so adorable.

I think she is loosing her plug, but her udder has a lot more to go to fill.

·
FunnyNudders
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thank you Sweetgoats, yea I think your right on. I think it will be a bit longer on Bubbles and Pearl the two older goats. And 7 to 10 days on the younger goats.

The green stuff? Do you mean in Violets feed bucket, that is grass hay. That was actually her first bite of hay after her accident. At that point her eyes were swollen shut and she could not see but she was eating news paper so I offered her grass hay and she started eating it. But if you mean the grass they are on and eating that is just plain old yard grass mixed with weeds=]

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Yeah, I think she meant the grass. :) I'd imagine all the grass is not green where she lives, so she was just joking. :)

Sorry to butt in like this!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts