Pearl has lost her ligs. :)

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by firelight27, May 25, 2010.

1. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I have two does due sometime soon and have been checking ligs on them a couple of times a day, considering I bought them bred and the due dates are not precise. Pearl has grown a pretty decent udder over the past month, but it hasn't made any progress in the last week and a half.

So, I go out about 1 p.m. and her udder has doubled in size and gotten very tight all of a sudden. I check her ligs, and its all mush, nothing left. I was wondering about her yesterday, because I felt them and they were sagging pretty badly. She isn't acting odd. I put her up in the kidding stall and she is quietly bleating, but I think that is because she wants out more than anything. She won't do more than nibble when offered her favorite treats, so I'm going to guess 12-24 hours max...but thats just a complete guess. Lord knows they never do what you think they will.

Here is a photo of her a little over a month ago. You can't even really tell she is preggo with all that fur. She has been body clipped since then and looks like a house. I tooks some photos of her tummy and her udder a few days ago on my cell to upload but never got around to it. Lol.:

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cool beans :)

I dont like to separate mine till they are in actual labor but I know people that do as you have done. I just feel sorry for them being cooped up

3. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Well, she is still hard to catch (only had her a month and she wasn't people friendly) and its pouring rain. That, and if I left her out I'd have to trek all around the field every half hour when I checked her progress. I think that now she is talking to her unborn babies and seems happy that she is alone. The kidding pen I like to use most is set up so its very quiet, dim and secluded. I always thought most animals sought places just like it to have babies away from the herd/pack,etc....

Anyways, when I checked her at 6, the pockets on either side of her tail-head had sunken even deeper and the tail-head was very raised up. She also went from no mucous to the plug coming out (white.) She didn't appear to be in labor, or be uncomfortable and I threw her a little alfalfa which she gobbled up.

At 7:30..only about 15 minutes ago..the mucous went from milk white to yellow. She also seems to be having contractions, but they are mild and pretty far apart at this point. She keeps shifting back and forth on her hind feet too. Progress!! I'm crossing my fingers that they arrive before midnight! Which, at the rate of progression, they should no problem. Knock on wood...Don't want to jinx myself.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sweet :D

hoping for an uneventful kidding thats sooner rather then later

5. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Exciting! Any more progress yet? Are you hoping for boys or girls? Okay, stupid question I guess because everyone seems to want girls for obvious reasons. :p Keep us posted!

6. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    No more progress at this point. Same yellowish-white discharge in small amounts...she is now dozing with her head in the corner, chewing her cud and continuously bleating very softly to herself. Every once in awhile her back will flatten out a little, her tail will arch noticeably and she'll look at her belly. Definitely in labor, just still early. When I put her in it was because her ligs were gone, she wasn't in labor at all. So she is progressing very nicely.

Crossing my fingers this is better than my last big girl. I'm hoping trips, my last doe with trips had to have one pulled. Front legs both back, along with the head. It was a nightmare to get her out, and she was tangled with her brother, who suffocated before coming into the world and was DOA.

I want 1 boy, 2 girls if I could place an order. I would like a quality buckling from either her or her half-sister. I LOVE the buck they are crossed on and hope I get one just like him. He is brick-house red with black legs, a black dorsal and tons of white "splashy" spots. And blue eyes. Camanna had two does bred to him this year, and both gave her at least one carbon copy of him in color/markings/eyes. (I check her New Arrivals page constantly. Lol.) I would prefer a buck from Pearl though. She has a stunning udder and is the model for capacity, but she still has the most gorgeous face and a swan-like neck. Agh! All the gushing! Lol. I'm too excited about my new girls...Much to my husband's frustration. ;)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Here is to :kidblue: :kidred: :kidred: :pray:

8. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Sorry it has been so long since I updated my post. At 9:30 she started to push. At 9:45 she had twins on the ground. One boy, one girl. Both red/white/black like daddy with blue eyes. SCORE! Easy as pie, diving positions, no assistance needed. The placentas both came out within 15 minutes, the same amount of time it took for them both to be stand, walking and nursing. Yay for an easy delivery! I was getting really sick of the weak and stuck kids. I can sleeeeep tonight. Lol. I will post photos in the Birth Announcements section, so hop over to see them. I'm uploading them to Photobucket, so it'll be about 20 minutes because this connection sucks.

9. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Congratulations! It sounds like you got the buck you were looking for, and looks just like his daddy! :leap:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats....glad it went so well.....can't wait to see the kids..... :thumb:

11. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Congrats on everything well and the babies sound great!

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is wonderful News. Congratulations