Ped egg

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by trob1, Jul 1, 2008.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well thought I would share something that works great for me and my Nigerians. I had gotten the ped egg for myself to file down my rough feet but got to thinking about trying it on the goats after I trim their hooves. Well it worked great at making their feet all level after triming. For only $9.99 at walmart I felt it was a steal and works wonders on me and the goats.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sweet! I will have to try it. :cool:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Never thought of that one...know what I use on my very calloused soles....a wood rasp!! Yup, I'm always bare foot, except for work and my feet are like leather :ROFL:

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yep liz I am too and the ped egg worked wonders. Well worth the money imo for humans with rough feet and those caprine feet.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'll have to get one then...if anything if it won't work for me it'll work on my girls.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I just bought one also. I have to say I will not be sharing that with my goats. For them we bought a really neat rasp that fits in the palm of your hand (Home Depot). It is like maybe 4 inches long and a Inch wide. They also sell the replacement blades. It is wonderful.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    just bought one.... I will see how it works for the little goaties. I dislike using something so rough on my feet. I rather use a pumice bar for my feet

8. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    :ROFL: Give yourself about 20 more years and you will be needing that ped egg cause a pumice stone won't cut it anymore.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond last week to pick up a wedding gift and hubby bought one for the "things" that are growing on the side of his big toes. (callusus from his work boots - but I SWEAR it is a whole new toe and it creeps me out real bad!)

Anyway, I wonder what he would do if he came home and found me using it on the goats - HAHAHAHA!