The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I found this add for some goats available in NJ so I thought hey let me check them out.

(yes I know I dont need more goats)

Just curious about the pedegree of the dam and sire of the kids

this is the does pedigree
http://reluctantacres.4t.com/jewel.htm
her sire's dam
"MCH Gay-Mor's RA Nightowl "
http://www.americangoatsociety.com/GMNightowl042201.JPG

here is the bucks pedigree here is his picture
http://www.cornerstonefarm.net/golder.html
Jewel was bred to High Acre Tina's Goldenrod from Cornerstone Farm in VA.

Golder's pedigree:

sire - 4 fun Bucky sire- 4 Fun Valentino
dam- ARMCH Stonewall's Hetta Carbury2*D AR1596

dam - Rosasharn's Tina sire -ARMCH Goodwood Tom Thumb +*S
dam -ARMCH Stonewall's Little Luli2*D AR1498

I was told that Golders litter mate also earned his Master Champion.
She also said that the buck was just shy of winning his Master Champion when a dog attack happened and he died the day before the kids were born.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Pedigree help

I got a picture of the doeling out of the parents above

her name is Hope she is black and white with blue eyes (only a plus if she looks nice) She said she will get a better picture for me. This one was of her a couple days old.

She is asking $300.00 for her

Thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts

Love the does pedigree....Gay-Mor, Piddlin Acres, Promised Land, all these I really like. She's got a lot of proven goats on her pedigree! NICE NICE NICE!!!

The bucks pedigree, I like it, but the does, IMO, is better. I really like Rosasham goats(sp) and his sire is MCH. Pretty good pedigree on him.

Both are NICE goats! If you can,,, I would definately get the doeling...she's a steal! I couldn't bring up the picture, but she sounds beautiful! But I would kill for a buck from Cornerstone and he his brother is doing great! I dunno...I like them both!!!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts

Oh ok,,,gotcha...Wow, then she has quite a pedigree for sure! All those combined really nice pedigree!!! In my opinion...$300 would be a steal for sure!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks. I am waiting on the next picture of her to see if I really really want her :D

I have to rehome Jasper first though :sigh:

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts

How exciting! To bad you have to get rid of Jasper though to get a new one. I remember when I had 2 wethers (first goats) I could either keep them or get 2 new does...It was a really tough decision, but I knew they would go to a home where they would get played with so I was fine with it. Still sad to see any goat go though! :sigh: I'm glad I got the does though!

You have to let us know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

well I have to rehome Jasper even if i dont get a new doe unless he changes his ways suddenly. Poor Angie is kept captive in the hay feeder because when she is out he attacks her for no reason. :shrug:

I put a call into a place that uses goats for a petting zoo type thing I think. And I plan to tell them that if it doesnt work out he can come back here.

No money or decisions have been made on anything.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: Pedigree help -- possible new doe, new pics added

I dont know much about judging Nigerians and I have no idea about the pedigree but in the new pictures, she seems to have a really nice level back, straight front legs and nice back legs, she seems to stand square .

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

thank you -- this is all new to me and I need others oppions if I am going to spend this kind of money - not that I think it is to much, just want to be sure she is what I do want

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts

She's really pretty, but I don't like her head/face very much. I don't know why,,,just seems a little different to me? She looks pretty good. Will she be used for showing or breeding or ??? If breeding, I don't know if she has the right build for breeding. She seems really really fine boned, but I would really have to take a closer look. I'm not sure, I need to take a 2nd look. I'd like to hear what other people think too.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

um her face looks like a face :shrug:

Showing and breeding ---- to show you have to breed sweetie :)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

She's not a bad looking doeling and her pedigree is strong. She would probably be well worth it.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts

It really doesn't matter if they are fine boned for breeding - have you ever seen Rosasharn animals in person? Talk about fine boned and elegant! I think she is a very pretty little thing and her face looks fine to me - cute actually!! :greengrin:

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts

Showing and Breeding.... um I don't get it :? I mean like are you showing her as a doeling or are you just going to buy her specifically for breeding? Did I miss something? :? I do that a lot :roll: ! I think $300 is a fair price for her! Good luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

Stacey, I like her long level look and her pedigree has a lot of good goats in it...besides that...she's black and shiny :wink: She does have a nice square set too....hope it comes thru for Jasper and you can add her to your herd...which BTW..Lucky you on finding her!

·
Registered
467 Posts

CUTE! :love: :fireworks:
I can see why you would want her. The eyes are stuning

Suellen

1 - 20 of 51 Posts