Pedigree help -- possible new doe, getting Hope

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Aug 4, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Hey I found this add for some goats available in NJ so I thought hey let me check them out.

(yes I know I dont need more goats)

Just curious about the pedegree of the dam and sire of the kids

this is the does pedigree
    http://reluctantacres.4t.com/jewel.htm
    her sire's dam
    "MCH Gay-Mor's RA Nightowl "
    http://www.americangoatsociety.com/GMNightowl042201.JPG

here is the bucks pedigree here is his picture
    http://www.cornerstonefarm.net/golder.html
    She also said that the buck was just shy of winning his Master Champion when a dog attack happened and he died the day before the kids were born.

2. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Pedigree help

I got a picture of the doeling out of the parents above

her name is Hope she is black and white with blue eyes (only a plus if she looks nice) She said she will get a better picture for me. This one was of her a couple days old.

She is asking $300.00 for her

Thanks for looking

Attached Files:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Love the does pedigree....Gay-Mor, Piddlin Acres, Promised Land, all these I really like. She's got a lot of proven goats on her pedigree! NICE NICE NICE!!!

The bucks pedigree, I like it, but the does, IMO, is better. I really like Rosasham goats(sp) and his sire is MCH. Pretty good pedigree on him.

Both are NICE goats! If you can,,, I would definately get the doeling...she's a steal! I couldn't bring up the picture, but she sounds beautiful! But I would kill for a buck from Cornerstone and he his brother is doing great! I dunno...I like them both!!!

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

ok should have been more clear --- the doe and bucks pedigree are the dam and sire of the little doe Hope.

5. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh ok,,,gotcha...Wow, then she has quite a pedigree for sure! All those combined really nice pedigree!!! In my opinion...$300 would be a steal for sure!

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thanks. I am waiting on the next picture of her to see if I really really want her :D

I have to rehome Jasper first though :sigh:

7. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

How exciting! To bad you have to get rid of Jasper though to get a new one. I remember when I had 2 wethers (first goats) I could either keep them or get 2 new does...It was a really tough decision, but I knew they would go to a home where they would get played with so I was fine with it. Still sad to see any goat go though! :sigh: I'm glad I got the does though!

You have to let us know how it goes!

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well I have to rehome Jasper even if i dont get a new doe unless he changes his ways suddenly. Poor Angie is kept captive in the hay feeder because when she is out he attacks her for no reason. :shrug:

I put a call into a place that uses goats for a petting zoo type thing I think. And I plan to tell them that if it doesnt work out he can come back here.

No money or decisions have been made on anything.

9. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh, I see. What a little brat! Hahaha! What a nice guy he is :shades: ! I'm sure Angie will be happy to see him go!

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

new pictures

she said to disregard the date stamp as it is incorrect

Attached Files:

11. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Re: Pedigree help -- possible new doe, new pics added

I dont know much about judging Nigerians and I have no idea about the pedigree but in the new pictures, she seems to have a really nice level back, straight front legs and nice back legs, she seems to stand square .

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thank you -- this is all new to me and I need others oppions if I am going to spend this kind of money - not that I think it is to much, just want to be sure she is what I do want

13. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

She's really pretty, but I don't like her head/face very much. I don't know why,,,just seems a little different to me? She looks pretty good. Will she be used for showing or breeding or ??? If breeding, I don't know if she has the right build for breeding. She seems really really fine boned, but I would really have to take a closer look. I'm not sure, I need to take a 2nd look. I'd like to hear what other people think too.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

um her face looks like a face :shrug:

Showing and breeding ---- to show you have to breed sweetie :)

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She's not a bad looking doeling and her pedigree is strong. She would probably be well worth it.

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

It really doesn't matter if they are fine boned for breeding - have you ever seen Rosasharn animals in person? Talk about fine boned and elegant! I think she is a very pretty little thing and her face looks fine to me - cute actually!! :greengrin:

17. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Showing and Breeding.... um I don't get it :? I mean like are you showing her as a doeling or are you just going to buy her specifically for breeding? Did I miss something? :? I do that a lot :roll: ! I think $300 is a fair price for her! Good luck with your decision!

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I show my does as juniors and seniors. So they need to be for breeding as well.......

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Stacey, I like her long level look and her pedigree has a lot of good goats in it...besides that...she's black and shiny :wink: She does have a nice square set too....hope it comes thru for Jasper and you can add her to your herd...which BTW..Lucky you on finding her!

20. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah

CUTE! :love: :fireworks:
    I can see why you would want her. The eyes are stuning

Suellen