The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a doe and on her pedigree next to her dam's sire it says AI *B I have not clue what this means any help? I might also post a pic of her to ask you to critique her. her name is winecrest tiffany tiarra her sires name is SRA BH Bourbon and her dam's name is Pond-acres Tuscan Reflection. Alright that's all I will try to post a pic.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Yup the AI means the buck was the result of an artificial insemination breeding. The *B means the bucks lineage has a good milking background and he meets one (or more) of these requirements:
1) the dam of the buck has her *M status and the sire of buck has his *B
2) the dam of the buck has her *M and the sire's dam has her *M
3) the dam has her *M and the sire of the buck has a +B status.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So does she sound good? or is the AI bad? I've heard of it but I don't know much about it when it comes to how good the buck is. I'm still trying to post a picture my first few attempts failed. I will try again.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is the picture I couldn't find a better one.

Attachments

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
She looks like a pretty big doe. Her dam has a pretty good pedigree with Sand-Dance and Iron Rod bloodlines. I have a few Sand-Dance bucks in my semen tank and Iron Rod makes some gorgeous Alpines. The sires pedigree is pretty nondescript to me. None of the herd names really stand out to me, but I would begin by Googleing his dam and some of his sires relatives and see if you can find pictures of them.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I don't like a few things about her conformation, but of course it's really hard to tell from that angle. She might be better when set up.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think she has a very steep rump and her udder stinks from what I have seen. but I haven't seen any other good does anywhere near us. I will look up her dam.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided not to get that doe but here's a buckling I'm kind of interested in. I don't think I'll really get him.Son of Legendary Munchin Hill Arararat and Nodaway Freedom's Joy.

Attachments

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone?

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well we are looking into it. The reason we weren't sure was because they live a little far from us but not more than an hour and a half. plus he's $250. I'm not good with conformation either but I think he looks pretty good. They don't have a pic of the mother's udder. I'm going to call them and ask a few questions.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
He okay conformation wise, not great, but okay. It depends on how muchyou want to improve on your does. If you think he is strong in area they are not, then go ahead, I say. It's really how important "breeding up" is to you.:)

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Somebody else bought him. I am still looking for a buck if anybody has one for sale in OH.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here's another buck. I saw a picture of his mom and she had a beautiful udder and the dad looked really good. I don't have pictures of them but here he is.

Attachments

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
he's a nice, healthy looking fellow. I dont' have a professional eye by any stretch of the imagination, but he looks to have a level topline and good length.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts