Pedigree troubles?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Amos, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I was trying to find my new does' sires ancestory on ADGA, but I can't find anything on him in all of the places I've looked. Can anyone else see if they can find him? He is High Peaks Oscar, id# N1367761. I found a link to the High Peaks website but it said that it was not working.

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm not to familiar with the Nubian lines but Goldwaithe always has a huge add in UCN with pics of all their best does. Lady Juliette was one of their herd matriarchs I think, very beautiful doe.

Here is a link to Oscar's dam: http://members.tripod.com/~brockcreek/Gevalia.html

She's a pretty doe, she could use more capacity to her udder though.

4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Your right she is pretty, thanks for your input Sarah!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have a grandson of a Goldswaithe - and they are AMAZING. They are known for their HIGH milk quantity, NICE udders, and wonderful confirmation. They are one of the best known lines from what I heard.

My guys mom just finsihed her appraisal in June. She finaled out at 91 E. My buck was born in Nov 07 (so 13 months ago) and she is STILL milking over 1 gallon a day!! I have pics of her - but haven't developed them yet.

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Yes, Goldthwaite is a pretty nice herd, but it all depends on what style of Nubian you like. Nubians are tricky with all the different styles.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    One thing about Goldswaithe is that they are VERY slow growers and maturers. But when they are finished - they are beautiful!!!

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thankyou everyone.
    Allison, that would explain why they are so small, I was worried that they may have been stunted, we have a buck that is born a good month after these girls, and he is way bigger.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah - my friend told me to expect two years for growth!!! But they get BIG and beautiful!

10. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    We have a Nubian doe that has Dear Heart's "Omar" in her lines, she comes from a champion herd.