pedigree updates ??

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Dec 6, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok, so how do you know when one of the goats listed on a goaties pedigree has earned something? Do you just periodically have to do a search on the names and update as needed or is there a "special" place that is easier to locate the information??

Thanks
    Allison

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm pretty sure you have to look up the herd name.. on the association's website, or just ask the owner, thats how I've ever done it.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    On ADGA's genetics webpage, they do not tell you if the goat has won anything, earned milking stars, or if it is even a permanent champion. So, I just do periodic web searches. I've found lots of info on the OMF website. Just about all the ancestors of goats in our herd are on her "Reference Goats" page.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Cool - thanks Olivia. I had noticed some pedigrees posted and I was thinking - I don't have that listed on my pedigree for that same goat - LOL!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    The only thing I really like about ADGA genetics is that for animals on DHI test, there's a link on the pedigree page to see their individual milk tests.

For looking up full lactation records, SG designations, and LA scores, I use ADGA's member website, you have to get a PIN number from them to use it and its totally free. You can go on there and look up any animal and see all of their current records.