The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Never heard of any of those herd names. But in my honest opinion, conformation matters more than the pedegree names :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do the abbreviations mean before each name? Such ad DDD, etc

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If there was a champion or grand champion in there it would be marked with a CH or GCH. I always look for those though it's not always important. I just saw a doe that was CH or maybe GCH material that didn't come from any champion lines that would have showed up in her immediate pedigree.

IMO the important thing to look for is a lack of inbreeding and to look at the pedigree of the goats you already have to see if adding this buck is bringing in new good lines. Conformation of the buck is important but you also want to make sure it's new lines coming in and not inbreeding.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
They do have some good Nubian lines in my opinion. You have your Price O The Field all over the bucks side and a little touch of Hagler. The doe carries some good lines as well but it's farther back in the lines such as; Amberwood, Copper-Hill and a little Kastdemur's.

I have Nubians with the Price O The Field, Hagler, Amberwood and Copper-Hill lines and love them. I am not familiar with some of the more recent lines on the doe. So I am not sure how they will blend with the Amberwood and Copper-Hill lines for udder and production. Hope this helps get an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts