Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - what's a good number of generations to show/offer information on for a goat? I've got 5 on my webpage, but am wondering if that's sufficient or should I have more on hand or is that just too many? It's taking a very long time to get this done and I still can't find information on one of the sires in a pedigree but have sent numerous emails to obtain this information. I know there's probaby mistakes on the website with the pedigrees, but I made sure I had at least 2 corresponding sources prior to putting the information on, the problem is I don't always have ADGA sources to rely on. Twin Creeks has had most of the information for me though on the Nigerians (TY T.C.!)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put 3 generations on my does, and 4 on my bucks.

If I can link to the sire or dam, the name is linked and I don't have a pedigree on that particular page.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
25?
ee I'm sorry I'm being flippant :wink: - I don't know any of the pedigrees for my girls - you have to pay for the British Goat Society to tell you :roll: so I decided I'd prefer not to know...

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I have 4 I think because that's all the ped thing I'm using has.
For ADGA pedigree info(performance records) you can register to get a PIN number to use the member's website, it's great! You can look up any goat, it gives you DHI and LA records and a bunch of other stuff. You can see pedigrees on my site, I have them on everybody's pages.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been linking my pictures to the IBGA pedigree page but it takes forever to come up. I am going to create my own table with the pedigree in it soon just so people want give up on the page to display.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts