Pedigrees

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Bona Fide, Oct 11, 2007.

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Hey - what's a good number of generations to show/offer information on for a goat? I've got 5 on my webpage, but am wondering if that's sufficient or should I have more on hand or is that just too many? It's taking a very long time to get this done and I still can't find information on one of the sires in a pedigree but have sent numerous emails to obtain this information. I know there's probaby mistakes on the website with the pedigrees, but I made sure I had at least 2 corresponding sources prior to putting the information on, the problem is I don't always have ADGA sources to rely on. Twin Creeks has had most of the information for me though on the Nigerians (TY T.C.!)
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow 5 I think you are doing well! I aways see like 2-4 at the most so I think you are ahead of the game :D

4. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    wow 5 that is alot of work you have done. i have 2 on mine but with there reg numbers on there any one can look up more info on the adga site.

5. DancinGoatGal

DancinGoatGal New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Central, WV
    I put 3 generations on my does, and 4 on my bucks.

If I can link to the sire or dam, the name is linked and I don't have a pedigree on that particular page.

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    25?
    ee I'm sorry I'm being flippant :wink: - I don't know any of the pedigrees for my girls - you have to pay for the British Goat Society to tell you :roll: so I decided I'd prefer not to know...

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I think that 5 is good. When I had the registered Boers I just listed as many generations as were on their papers (which I think was 4 or 5). I think that should be plenty :D

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I have 4 I think because that's all the ped thing I'm using has.
    For ADGA pedigree info(performance records) you can register to get a PIN number to use the member's website, it's great! You can look up any goat, it gives you DHI and LA records and a bunch of other stuff. You can see pedigrees on my site, I have them on everybody's pages.

10. Scott

Scott New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I've been linking my pictures to the IBGA pedigree page but it takes forever to come up. I am going to create my own table with the pedigree in it soon just so people want give up on the page to display.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I use http://www.sitstay.com/pedi for my pedigrees, then I found and resized a bunch of pictures for relatives of my goats and inserted them in the pedigree. It took a long time to do that, but it looks really nice now.