Peek at a pack of poochies, please?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by WarPony, Dec 12, 2010.

1. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Well, i got out and got some pictures of the girlies bits this morning, right in the middle of a big snow storm. Luckily they are all tucked in to their winter digs and so we were inside and out of the yucky weather.

Rosemary is up on the table, her twin Thyme (herd queen) is standing with her feet on the bottom shelf and sage is looking back over her shoulder at me.

[​IMG]

The horses aren't smart enough to stay in, even though they have a big area inside, and their hay is inside.

[​IMG]

Parsley is not so delighted now that he is in his bachelor pad, but he is close enough to talk to the ladies so he isn't fussing too much, but he is begging for attention from me every time I go out... and he is getting it. he is almost completely scent free now, the reek of rut seems to have just faded away and he isn't acting the least bit bucky now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, Sage has a small udder forming, and by small I mean it feels like someone put two squishy grapefruits back there, so i am fairly sure she is going to give me babies, if she ISN'T pregnant than she is really building an elaborate plot to convince me that she wants to make an udder. Thyme feels squishy and kind of full in the udder area as well, though no where near like how Sage feels, and Rosemary doesn't feel any different than she did in august.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you guys could take a look and let me know what you think. My buck was running with the girls so they could be due anywhere from 4 weeks from now (judging from the ONLY time i saw any signs of any of them coming in to heat) to 4 months from now (judging from the last time Parsley was trying to romance Rosemary). I never saw him actually accomplish anything and they never showed discharge or mess to give me a hint and i check them 4 times a day!

First is Sage, the one with an itty bitty udder going:

Before, September:

[​IMG]

After, this morning:

[​IMG]

Rosemary, the one with no udder development at all and the last one I saw him sweet talking to, last month:

Before:

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Thyme, also has a small udder developing:

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

I am really bad with this whole poochie thing, and I'm not sure if the pictures I got are good enough especially since I had to hold all their tails up to get them because my girls carry theirs down almost all the time. But I would really appreciate any opinions.

2. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    well, this wont count for much.. cause I'm just trying my hand at this... as a newbie - but I think they all look like they have un-tucked and are all prego. Their udders all look more developed too! So, for what it's worth, Congratulations... they are really nice looking goats! You should get some cutie-pie babies!
    Heidi

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I am still learning, but they all say yes to me.

Parsley is looking so manly and handsome!

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Still a newbie, but they all look bred to me...

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :laugh: Hey......those are some GREAT pics! Awesome before/after shots of PREGGY POOCHIES!!! Now...lol, have fun :hair: and :GAAH: because you don't know exact due dates :wink:

Now...if each of these girls are FF, I can give you an estimate as far as when you will likely see kids going by udder growth. Sage...4-6 weeks to go.
    Thyme..6-8 weeks. Rosemary is a minimum of 2 months bred with the way her pooch looks...unless you saw the actual deed, I'd say that she has at max, 10 weeks to go.

6. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    *jumps up and down clapping* I'm so excited.

They are all FF. Those dates sound about right for when Parsley was acting all interested. I'm already out there checking them 5 times a day. another couple of weeks I may have to just move in to the barn. lol.

7. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Congratulations, and great pictures! I have to ask though...is that paint a Gypsy Vanner? He is a handsome fellow! And my idiot pony won't go into his shelter in bad weather either. Last year, when we had tons of snow and ice he just stood there and gathered icecicles. If I had put him in the shelter and locked him up he would have knocked down the walls...so I had to just keep watching him and trying to convince him it was better to go inside.

8. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Personally, I would say yes, yes, and yes...although I would also say that Rosemary looks less far along than the other two. It is really hard to learn to do the pooch test. And you can be wrong even once you think you are good enough to be spot on. I think I can tell on my girl's, and before and after pictures are definitely a huge help, but I always ask for second opinions on here.

9. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Yup, that is my Gypsy lad, Brego. Took me 39 years to find the horse of my dreams, but I finally got him. <3

Unfortunately he loves to be as grubby as possible, hehe.

[​IMG]

He finally got smart and went inside and the two mini horses followed him in, hehe.