Pennslyvania Trip

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Oct 11, 2010.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Anyone who read the "For Sale" section probably already knows that I went to PA this weekend--we dropped our little doeling off on the way.

I just thought I'd share a couple of the pictures we took while we were there. I am sooo jealous of Liz right now! The landscape there is just gorgeous!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We like to look for cool rocks and found some nice fossilized ferns while we were walking on a hillside...pic turned out kind of blurry...
    [​IMG]

2. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

that is so cool! Good find with your fossil!!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh I love the pics...what a beautiful area..... :thumb:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am not far at all from where you were...I'm just about 15 miles from Indiana, if you had gone toward Kittanning on 422 you would have passed through Shelocta...I'm off of Rt 56 about 7 miles from 422. It is pretty here and those pics you took show that there are a good many pretty pastures, more beef and horses than goats though.

5. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    We did! We took 422 into Indiana all the way from 79 so we drove right through it! Hubby has relatives in Indiana, Marion Center, and Chambersville/Creekside so we were all over the area visiting.

You are right about goats...I don't think I saw any. And 2 of my husband's cousins have cows. Definitely a cow area...which is a shame because goat would LOVE those hills and rocks!

6. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    The really cool part is to open up these rocks like pages in a book and then find fern prints that fell into the mud millions of years ago...then realize you are the first person to have ever seen that particular plant!!

7. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Pretty picture! It would be neat to make a trip to Lancaster some day, but unless I win the big lottery that probably will not ever happen;-). Fossils are so neat.