Penny is home!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Sep 11, 2009.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    No pics yet, but little miss Penny has settled in very well....my plan was to have her buddy up with my littlest doe Heidi BUT miss Heidi decided that she wanted to keep her spot in the herd Soooooo I chose Binky who paid no mind at all to Penny until she wanted to share her hay, so for tonite, my baby is snug and safe with a gate between herself and the bigger girls. She can see them but they can't bully her.

The 20 minute ride home, she layed on the seat beside me with her head on my lap....only cried once when the windshield wipers startled her.
    Once home, she was cuddled and given some probiotic paste then left to explore the area of the shed not inhabited by the others, settled in nicely and was helping herself to the hay rack, only briefly cried when I left and shut the light out. I can't wait for morning and hopefully the rain quits so the others can meet her, pics then too.

2. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Awwww, I am glad she is home :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great -- amazing how fast they grow up!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that's wonderful.....love ....that she is home...... :hug: :greengrin:

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well....she met the others this morning, hubby was with us when she was introduced too :greengrin:
    Penny kept hiding behind him when the other girls came to check her out...too cute!
    No one is deliberately chasing her down, but the poor baby stands at the fence calling for me :sigh:
    [​IMG]

She is perfectly fine with the other girls, Binky and Bootsie don't seem to pay much mind to her and the younger 3 are more interested in eating, she found her spot already too...until Angel decided it was her spot, then Penny just jumped down and kept peeking up over the table at her...was too cute!
    [​IMG]

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Aw! That's great!! Congrats on your new girl!!! :stars: :stars: